NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - History

Level 99

Good to hear, you long haired man, you.

So there was a small video preview at the OCR panel this year for a few projects, including NiGHTS. It was super-duper awesome because there were two people in the audience cosplaying from NiGHTS! Someone from the NiGHTS forums went as NiGHTS and someone else went as Reala. Definitely a very pleasant surprise since I got to meet at least one fellow fan and have NiGHTS out there while the preview was played. The response was extremely positive, so we know people liked it and want more.

YOU HEAR ME, I SAID MORE, so that means I want more too. :twisted:

August 9th edit: For all you folks who missed the June 1st WIP2 deadline and said you'd have something in by the end of Summer, I fully expect some kind of update by August 30th. Otherwise, I will release the hounds (read: I will release the project co-directors to pester you).

You've got less than 4 months to get your final in at this point, and even less time if you want to get a free physical copy of the project when it comes out.

• 4 weeks later...
well... if it's a hip hop remix then I'm all in for a collab if anyone is interested... cause that's the direction I would've taken it...

Dj Mokram got me a WIP a bit ago, and it's very...ethnic. That's a no-go on a hip-hop remix this time around. I still definitely encourage you to find a producer and do the track otherwise, of course! This site needs more hip-hop.

And with that, we're back to having all tracks except for one in at least WIP form. Almost lost a second track this week but, thankfully, they decided to continue on their wonderful arrangement.

If anyone has any doubts about their ability to do their track at this point, please let me know ASAP.

Dj Mokram got me a WIP a bit ago, and it's very...ethnic. That's a no-go on a hip-hop remix this time around. I still definitely encourage you to find a producer and do the track otherwise, of course! This site needs more hip-hop.

And with that, we're back to having all tracks except for one in at least WIP form. Almost lost a second track this week but, thankfully, they decided to continue on their wonderful arrangement.

If anyone has any doubts about their ability to do their track at this point, please let me know ASAP.

yall heard the man... to all producers. anyone up for a collab?

• 2 weeks later...

We seem to be having a real bad string of luck these days. Hitori recently told me he may not be able to finish his track, despite a substantial WIP. Therefore it has been moved to bonus. If someone doesn't pick up "After the Dream" in the next week or two, I will pick it up myself.

Edit: and JUST LIKE THAT, someone grabs it. Thanks to OA, who is now doing After the Dream, as well as making us a sexy website!

Double Edit: Oh, and Protodome got a smexy update in! This means I only get to pester him a month from now. Mad-awesome, Mr. Dome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting to send out PM reminders to people. Final WAVs are due BY December 1st, which means you need to get them in and approved by me BEFORE that day. Remember: I'm going to be coming down hard on this final deadline. While the project release may not be until next July, the next essential steps for the project require all the music to be final. Those after-steps will also take a few months, so no slack time can be afforded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...