NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - History

Level 99

• 3 weeks later...

All of the straggler tracks besides one have been completed and taken care of. Holy shhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Artwork is coming along, I think we have about three done pieces, nine pieces in progress, and the rest are getting sketched out as we speak.

Thanks again to Fishy and pu_freak for finalizing, looking forward to the last one by Willrock shortly!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so, now that things are winding down, I'm getting ready for the physical release. As of right now, it is planned that I will be ordering a bunch of physicals, consisting of a double disc version of the project (no bonus disc), including most (if not all) of the art as an insert book.

I'm looking to gather about $1000 to completely pay for this batch. NONE of this money will go into anyone's pocket: I will raise money until we hit the desired amount. If I don't hit it, some way will be found to pay it off (probably out of pocket). If I do gather that much, great. Any additional money I would possibly get OVER the price of the physical distribution will be put towards the cost of shipping copies out. If I gain enough to cover all shipping and STILL have money left over, the rest will be donated directly to OC ReMix.

Let me just clarify something about the project: The music IS being released on July 5th for free to everyone over the internet, via torrent and a website with download links. The website will distribute mp3s while the torrent includes mp3s plus FLAC. The artwork will also be available online through the torrent and the website. The donation is open to anyone who wants to give, and there's that minimum amount if they wanted to get one of the physical copies as a bonus. The donations are strictly to fund the physical printing, no more no less. Nobody is getting paid for this project: not me, not the musicians, not the artists, not the website designers, nobody.

If you donate $25 or more, you will get a copy of the physical release! Donations are going to be cut off on April 1st of this year!

If you are interested in donating, please contact me.

To give you a taste of what you're in for, I have decided to release a preview of the project. Its a little over 3 minutes and shows off 9 tracks from the project. You can find it here:

NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - Official Preview Track

No, no. Don't listen to Brandon. The donations are just for those who want to have a physical CD copy to remember the project by, complete with all the custom artwork in printed form. The digital album will still be free to everyone.

Exactly. Don't let the money-thingy fool you. Some project directors like to celebrate a project's release by ordering a limited run of physical distributions out of their own pocket. Especially with something like this, where there's a lot of art involved. Think of them as mementos for people who hold this game, the music, or the remixes very close to heart.

The music IS being released on July 5th for free to everyone over the internet, via torrent and a website with download links. The website will distribute mp3s while the torrent includes mp3s plus FLAC. The artwork will also be available online through the torrent and the website. The donation is open to anyone who wants to give, and there's that minimum amount if they wanted to get one of the physical copies as a bonus. The donations are strictly to fund the physical printing, no more no less. Nobody is getting paid for this project: not me, not the musicians, not the artists, not the website designers, nobody.

No offense taken, and I hope that clarifies things for you.

Edit: In other news, we're now almost at $200 of donations! Off to a really good start, but we still got a long ways to go!

Looks like news of the album's donation drive got picked up by one of the bigger Sonic fansites, TSSZNews:

NiGHTS OCRemix Project Seeking Donations

Preview Montage Released

Though NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming will be released for free online later this year, physical copies of the remix album will also be produced. That will require some outside funding, which OCremix project organizer Stevo Bortz, known as Level 99, said today he is seeking.

“I’m looking to gather about $1000 to completely pay for this batch. NONE of this money will go into anyone’s pocket: I will raise money until we hit the desired amount,” Bortz said. “The donation is open to anyone who wants to give, and there’s that minimum amount if they wanted to get one of the physical copies as a bonus.”

A $25 donation nets you a physical copy of the album once released. It will span two discs and come with artwork. Those interested in donating can contact Bortz through OCremix.

As a teaser, a three minute montage previewing nine of the album’s planned 27 tracks was released, and you can hear that at this link. Lucid Dreaming is a compilation to commemorate the 15th anniversary of NiGHTS Into Dreams; it is scheduled for release on July 5th.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/02/04/nights-ocremix-project-seeking-donations/