OCR01111 - Samurai Warrior "Homage to Amidha Buddha"

djpretzel

This mix has got groove out the wazzoo. The fun just does not stop with this remix. The lo-fi samples combined with the smooth guitar combined with the catchiness of your typical NES song just makes this a total keeper. To me, it sounds like what would happen if DJ Shadow, Zamphir, Kraftwerk, and Santana decided to do a remix of an old Japanese themesong. But I'll just stop now, cuz I've had this song on repeat for a while now and I can't think straight with that infectious melody blaring in my head.

:nicework: :nicework:

I just heard of this game myself but DJ you did well. This mix shows a lot of pizaz, if you know what I mean. I like the guitar solo bit especialy, and the build up to it!! One thing, though, was the ending nice job on the fading, but I know you could have, not so easly, made a suprising kick in the groin ending. It just fades out. Not bad, but think of the possibilitys!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Pretty good source arranged very effectively; I am loving the lofi beats and what sounds to me like a koto or something being played like a mandolin. Very interesting idea, and I think it works very well. I would have preferred the bass to be a deeper house sound, but I think the rest of the instrument choices were pretty good. The guitar tone was nice, and the overall feel gelled pretty well.

Arrangement is pretty similar to the original, but expands on things slightly, so i'm glad this one didn't get snatched up in a lockdown.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome source selection. Perfect little tune to build upon and kick ass with. And kick ass it does.

Love how it establishes itself to begin with and never really betrays the initial momentum, save for a few little much welcomed melody breaks. Everything else is sweet, sweet arranged expansion. The introducion of the guitar work is particularly fine, and the other supporting instruments hold their weight too. But centre stage is that bass; and though it does what bass usually does and just repeats for most of the piece, it's an attention holder. Groovy indeed.

Because the game the source has come from is relatively obscure, this is yet another mix that's going to suffer a long existence of being overlooked. A real shame, seeings as it's a real mover with a great sense of style.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01111 - Samurai Warrior "Homage to Amidha Buddha"