OCR01882 - Final Fantasy IV "Theme of Love for Guitar Duet"

djpretzel

Pot Hocket is one of those ReMixers whose work I'm pretty much guaranteed to love. Even if, for his next piece, he employed a chainsaw ensemble with jackhammer backup and the best "dying cat" samples he could find, I'd probably still put it on my playlist out of sheer, mindless adoration.

Well, okay, maybe I was exaggerating just a bit.

But Pot Hocket is still awesome, and this mix is still beautiful. Rock on!

I absolutely love this song. I don't usually listen to, or even like this genre that much, but Pot Hocket is a very huge exception to that. His talent is incredibly obvious from the first note. The pacing and dynamics of the overall arrangement are pretty damn amazing. The amount of complex harmonies and little subtleties applied to even the quiet parts of this song, pulled off effortlessly, is awe-inspiring. I have to say, Pot Hocket is one of, if not the most talented musician on the site and I do not say that lightly.

100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000/10 :D

The most beatiful OCRemix (or any other VG stuff) that I know. Very great song...

No messing around with synths and sequencers.. just bare guitars with natural acoustics. The playing is most emotional, skilled and imperfect (in a good way) =sounds more like performance than a production.

Not to mention the arrangement.. very cool playing, neither of the guitars seems to be leading, both just flow with the theme giving room to each other.

Superb stuff. My very favourite track of the FF4-album :)

Ever since his first remix was posted (FFX), I've been following Hot Pocket. This track is one of the best in the album and possibly his best work thus far. The quality of recording has gotten much better since Pocket's early work and the arrangement of Theme of Love is played beautifully. I can relate to this theme since it's one of the few tracks I recognize from FFIV. Acoustic guitars--I wouldn't have it any other way for this track.

Man! We need some more of this great stuff on OCRemix. Slow, emotional, real instruments... fantastic! This is the kind of mix I know I can let ANYONE listen to and know they can't turn it down just because it's "from a game". Nor would they suspect it is from a game. Please, keep it up! :)

• 2 months later...

I <3 Pot Hocket mixes, mainly because of his guitar tone and how well it works for the songs he does.

One thing in particular I found curious about this mix is that he approached it delicately throughout, whereas the original grew more dramatic as it progressed. I was somewhat mixed about that, but it worked out for what he was going for so kudos to him.

Well, it should go without saying that I like this a lot :-) Your guitar playing is exquisite and the tone is unbeatable when it comes to acoustic guitars. However, like some of your other mixes I have a hard time picking out the source tune except for a few parts. Nevertheless, it's only once in a blue moon such an emotive, personal mix comes around, so I'm really glad you contributed this to the project. Wonderful work!

Also, your production has definitely shot up a notch since your FFVII songs! :-D With such a bare-bones style as this, a high quality recording quality is absolutely a must.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01882 - Final Fantasy IV "Theme of Love for Guitar Duet"