OCR00238 - Dragon Seeds "New Age"

m68030

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the love of humanity, make more dragonseeds remixes. Ive been looking for the battle theme, the battle theme from the 5th fight in the arenas, and the first battle theme in the last arena. If you were to make those, you would be my god.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The synch is a little off and it sounds a little chunky, now those CAN be turned into good things, but in this case this is not so. This needs it's work, it could one day sound very good, but it does not have even a fragment of the original power of the music from the game and is honestly a little painful for me to listen to. I own the game and am very familiar with it's music, so who knows maybe I'll attempt a remix from it and we'll see f I should shut my trap or if I know what I'm talking about. Chio and good luck.

The synch is a little off and it sounds a little chunky, now those CAN be turned into good things, but in this case this is not so. This needs it's work, it could one day sound very good, but it does not have even a fragment of the original power of the music from the game and is honestly a little painful for me to listen to. I own the game and am very familiar with it's music, so who knows maybe I'll attempt a remix from it and we'll see f I should shut my trap or if I know what I'm talking about. Chio and good luck.

You. Are. AWESOME!

I've begged DJP to take my ReMix down several times, but for whatever reason, he hasn't. It really is very poor quality, and poorly arranged. Poor everything. Since the new message board's debut, nobody has left honest, negative feedback on how atrocious this thing really is, and I wondered where people's sense went. But here it finally is. A blunt, truthful, sensible piece of feedback.

And for that, Thorndraco, I thank you. :D

Do a Dragonseeds ReMix, man! I'd like to hear what you've got. And this thread seems to have become a ReQuest herd anyway. The peoples are callin' you! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, I really like this. The poster above is correct about a little funky synchopation, but I really like the instrumentation and the general feel of it (and it isn't techno!!! ;)). Maybe if you could fix up that little problem and maybe get a better sample of the wind instruments, this could be an all time great!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I dunno...

I have mixed feelings about this one.

On one hand, its short and nothing really earthshaking.

Yet, on the other hand, it's calming, which is kind of difficult to differentiate between "mellow" and "relaxing", but for what it is, ultimately, I like it.

... 'Tis an oldie, all right :)

Really, this game had some really GREAT tracks (this wasn't one of them, IMO, but still alright). People should be jumping in to mix more Dragon Seed!

Ok, enough ranting; needless to say, the instrument quality was TERRIBLE! Then again, welcome to OCR 1 - 500 :). The orchestration was a bit boring, even for the time. The interpretation of the original is interesting, as it was an upbeat piece originally, but it doesn't quite work for me. Meh, an interesting piece of history, for me, but that's about it, here.

LOL, I just read the comment from the reviewer himself.

I've begged DJP to take my ReMix down several times, but for whatever reason, he hasn't. It really is very poor quality, and poorly arranged. Poor everything. Since the new message board's debut, nobody has left honest, negative feedback on how atrocious this thing really is, and I wondered where people's sense went. But here it finally is. A blunt, truthful, sensible piece of feedback.

I salute you, Juverna. You've got the right attitude on Reviews! I'll try to make a Dragon Seed Remix someday in your honor!

This forum is old, but entertaining, nonetheless :)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have to say, despite it's flaws (of which there are bucketloads), I can creepily say that I adore this WAY more than it deserves. It's a paradox of epic proportions. The samples are just tragic, it's as sparse an arrangement as you could possibly have, and yet I don't hate it. Not only do I not hate it, I cherish it.

I don't know, I guess for me this is a time capsule of a more innocent era where mixes like this could still come out of remixers who aren't just lazy. Goddamn it, it SOUNDS ambitious, celebratory and worthy of my attention. Even though it clearly isn't. But for that 1 minute 28 seconds, I'm under the illusion that it is, and that's all that counts.

It's odd that I can see so much wrong with this, and yet have nothing to complain about. Keep it, flaws and all.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00238 - Dragon Seeds "New Age"