Anime

hmm, might have to go see it, NGE was a good show...

In what way, exactly? In that the characters were (deliberately) unlikable and unrelatable? In that the plot was nonsensical and the (endless amounts of) symbolism literally meaningless?

Or in that it presented itself in such a pretentious fashion that it successfully tricked an ungodly number of people into believing that those were good things?

The giant robots fighting aliens was pretty kickass, I'll give you that much. (Please don't lecture me about how they weren't really giant robots or aliens.) Too bad that that only took up a fraction of the show -- if that was the majority of it, I'd actually like the series.

Eh to each his own.

Eva isn't among my favorites (I don't really like it that much) but I think it's good at what it's aim is, and the Rebuild 1.0 did a much better job at it.

Actually you might like rebuild more than you liked the original, cause apparently it's more action oriented, and you want to see giant "Robots" fighting it out with giant "aliens" right. :P

Let's talk about anime soundtracks.

What are some REALLY good ones?

One rule: don't give me cruddy annoying j-pop, I want some really beautiful, melodic stuff here. Unless there's metal soundtracks, of course; share those too (unless it's cheezy butt rock reminiscent of DMC 4). The only Anime soundtrack I know of that is totally awesome is .hack//sign's soundtrack, composed by Yuki Kajiura.

STUFF

Let's talk about anime soundtracks.

What are some REALLY good ones?

One rule: don't give me cruddy annoying j-pop, I want some really beautiful, melodic stuff here. Unless there's metal soundtracks, of course; share those too (unless it's cheezy butt rock reminiscent of DMC 4). The only Anime soundtrack I know of that is totally awesome is .hack//sign's soundtrack, composed by Yuki Kajiura.

Anything by Yoko Kanno. Ghost in the Shell is my favorite, but Wolf's Rain is pretty sweet too.

By the way, is Eureka 7 any good subbed? All I've seen is the dubbed version that showed on Adult Swim, and the american voice acting was so obnoxiously whiney that I couldn't bear to watch it for more than a few minutes.

Anything by Yoko Kanno. Ghost in the Shell is my favorite, but Wolf's Rain is pretty sweet too.

By the way, is Eureka 7 any good subbed? All I've seen is the dubbed version that showed on Adult Swim, and the american voice acting was so obnoxiously whiney that I couldn't bear to watch it for more than a few minutes.

The subbed version was pretty good imo as I didn't get that whiney aspect which seems to be the case for the English dub...