Anime

So, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 ended... and they did some sort of bullshit fake-out thing with one of the characters.

Man, why are shows still doing that? It's a cheap attempt at drama and pulling at heart strings.

I thought it was cool until they decided to stretch that out for 4 episodes and also with one of the most cliche final episodes I've ever seen in an anime.

For deaths done RIGHT, watch Valkyria Chronicles.

stretched out cop-out endings...yuck

reminds me of *cough*InuYasha*cough*

I think what happened to InuYasha (the anime) is bad ratings (in Japan) so it got cut short.

Of course it probably could have been avoided if the manga wasn't ridiculously long.

I have no idea how the anime ended though in relation to the manga so meh. *wonders off*

I think what happened to InuYasha (the anime) is bad ratings (in Japan) so it got cut short.

Of course it probably could have been avoided if the manga wasn't ridiculously long.

I have no idea how the anime ended though in relation to the manga so meh. *wonders off*

I think that's a great mystery noone knows the answer to...

Regardless the show was awful. Also:

stretched out cop-out endings...yuck

reminds me of *cough*InuYasha*cough*

What happened to being a yashafan?

Season 1 was great. Season 2, however was pretty frickin' terrible. It was disjointed, lacking in any significant character development and filled with dumb fan-service.

"Hey guys, we killed off the fans' favorite character! Shit let's bring him back and say it's his twin brother!!"

granted, Lyle was introduced in season 1

such a lame finale.

If you mean the ending in general, I completely agree. If you mean RX-78 vs. Exia mk III specifically, then get the hell out.

Gundam 00 was, like most Gundam series, largely defined by its wasted potential. Unfortunately for me, I seem to be more attracted by the existence of potential in the first place rather than it actually being put to use eventually. Which means that I can't stop watching Gundam shows regardless of how terribly they're handled by their staff.

The thing about 00 was that it isn't finished. They're making a movie for summer 2010. That should bring about a lot of the potential they were missing.

The second half of 00's second season was too focused on copying the horrible soap opera that was Zeta Gundam. No anime needs to copy Zeta Gundam. Ever. Lots of teenage whining and shallow romances.