Anime

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently I'm the only one who found the tachikomas creepy. They're robotic death machines with the voices of particularly shrill children. Even worse, they're occasionally discarded for a fleeting tactical advantage (as is natural for an unmanned unit), and they typically shriek in pain in their shrill childish voices while they "die".

That's creepy, man.

Apparently I'm the only one who found the tachikomas creepy. They're robotic death machines with the voices of particularly shrill children. Even worse, they're occasionally discarded for a fleeting tactical advantage (as is natural for an unmanned unit), and they typically shriek in pain in their shrill childish voices while they "die".

I actually found all of that funny.

Perhaps I am an evil, sick, and twisted person.

I actually found all of that funny.

Perhaps I am an evil, sick, and twisted person.

Welcome to the brotherhood, Father Schwaltzvald speaking.

Umineko ought to be interesting to me, considering its preceded by Higurashi, though it doesn't seem to have any real connection other than its part of the series...

I actually went and bought the Ghost in the shell ps2 game. ($7) It was a 3rd person shooter and you played as the Major and Batou. The game plays alright, and the story definitely has that GitS feel, but the level design is horrible, it's very short, the AI is retarded, and the story is broken up by these long empty levels. But I expected that. It wasn't a bad game. Major and Batou play very differently, the graphics are very well done for last gen, and there's vs multiplayer.

But while we are on the subject, the creators of Ghost in the Shell also made IGPX.

edgeraid_defense.jpg

You can see that they did a nod to Ghost in the Shell with the GitS logo on its arm. Does anyone else think this show was incredible? It's actually in my top 3 favorites. There's no cheesy love story, the main character only goes emo for 2-3 episodes, the story is pretty darn good, the action is incredible, the voice work is mostly great(I like the announcer), and it's a show about racing. I hate racing, yet I like this show so much. What did you guys think about this one when it was on Toonami?