Anime

Man, I love a good anime OP/ED. One of the best parts of the Mono/Nisegatari series are those. The endings I really liked, as they were sort of a fresh way of doing them, scratchy pencil lines and all. Any other good ones?

Let's see... Samurai Champloo, Ao No Exorcist, and Kyouran Kazoku Nikki come to mind (the last one's a bit odd, but I liked the OP a lot for some reason. I thought the series was hilarious. :lol:).

Man, I love a good anime OP/ED. One of the best parts of the Mono/Nisegatari series are those. The endings I really liked, as they were sort of a fresh way of doing them, scratchy pencil lines and all. Any other good ones?

Depends on what you define a good.

Let's see what I find in my mind...:

Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex - Inner Universe

Rahxephon - Hemisphere

Samurai Deeper Kyo - Ao no requiem

Outlaw Star - Through the night

Cowboy Bebop - (I forgot what it's named)

Vision of Escaflowne - (Don't know it as well, at least by heart)

And there are a lot of others which you could count as generic but if you wish I can go there as well

I recall I enjoyed the original "Ghost In The Shell" movie. I know they made a second one, but I don't know if it is any good. Is it any good?

Watch Stand Alone Complex, if you liked the original movie, there's no sane reason why you wouldn't like the two series that were born from it.

List of OPs

I can't allow anyone to list OPs without mentioning this one.

Or really any OP or ED that has something by KOKIA.

More recent OPs (since very few people here seem to have any interest in more recent anime):

Mirai Nikki - Kuusou Mesorogiwi

Mouretsu Pirates - Mugen no Ai (despite what I've said about the anime itself)

Rinne no Lagrange - Try Unite!

Haganai - Zannenki Rinjinbu

p.s. the Escaflowne OP is Yakusoku wa Iranai.

Oh and if you like the Cowboy Bebop OP you should also like

(which everyone should really watch if they haven't seen it and are capable of rational thought).

Oh and if you like the Cowboy Bebop OP you should also like
(which everyone should really watch if they haven't seen it and are capable of rational thought).

Is it weird that watching that makes me want to watch the series, despite knowing literally nothing else about it?

As far as OPs go, I've always been amused as hell by Big O's, just because it's so damn weird. Though as far as weird OPs (or anything else about it, honestly) go, it's hard to beat

I rather liked some of Gundam 00's OP/EDs, like

(mostly because I generally prefer j-rock to j-pop). FLCL's ending I like for the same reason. (FLCL has a pretty good soundtrack in general.)

I'm looking for some good more recent animes. I know Mirrai Nikki is pretty good, but are these other ones worth watching, or are you strictly talking about the OP's? Also, which anime is that KOKIA song you posted from? Pretty epic song.

Mouretsu Pirates is pretty slow, but the world is kind of fascinating. I would find it hard to reccomend to anyone who thinks that it might really have anything to do with pirates. Who knows, it might get better.

Rinne no Lagrange is definitely worth watching if only for some of the more recent developments.

Haganai is a pretty weird slice of life comedy - I enjoyed it, it has some pretty funny moments.

The KOKIA song is from Break Blade which is a series of six hour-long movies. They're also very much worth watching (especially if you like mecha - though the mecha in Break Blade are somewhat different to your typical mecha)

If you haven't already done so, you should check out Redline. The best anime movie I've seen in recent memory. It took them about seven years to make because the whole film was drawn entirely by hand without the use of any CG. It's visually amazing and the cast and story are engaging.

a

if you haven't already done so, you should check out redline. The best anime movie i've seen in recent memory. It took them about seven years to make because the whole film was drawn entirely by hand without the use of any cg. It's visually amazing and the cast and story are engaging.

APPROVAL.

I stand corrected. I guess I'm gonna have to put this "Redline" in my pile of "anime I don't like".

That or I just didn't do nearly enough hard drugs before watching.

Really? What's wrong with Redline? Aside from not enough drugs of course... I thought it looked pretty damn incredible myself.