Anime

All right, if you guys like Metal Slug at all, you should check out Dominion Tank Police and New Dominion Tank Police. It practically is Metal Slug: The Anime (and Tank Police came out first so perhaps Metal Slug is Tank Police: The game)

Just got to episode 2 out of 4 in New Dominion and seriously, it's so ridiculously awesome and entertaining that I was pretty beside myself. The dub by Manga UK really makes it what it is - balls-to-the-wall hilarious and badass. It's one of those silly, goofy, over-the-top anime like G Gundam that you love for all of those reasons, but with that nice "trying to be edgy by swearing a lot" touch that only Manga UK can provide!

Also: usually, not knowing what Japanese means can sometimes mask the bad acting.

• 2 weeks later...
TOONAMI WAS ON INSTEAD OF ADULT SWIM ON APRIL FOOLS

obviously the date says its probably not permanent but tell cartoon network to keep going it however you can. twitter #BringToonamiBack seems to be the big thing

I'm not American, so I never saw it

but it seems you guys sure love this "Toonami" stuff.

Edit: Oh yeah, and twitter always wins. So basically, if enough people tweet it (which they will), you'll have this "Toonami" again. Bet on it.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

It wasn't really so much that there was an anime block on CN called Toonami - it was more that everything about it was presented in a really cool way.

For one, it had this cool host that went around chilling all day in his spaceship, which is kind of neat to say the least.

But the anime they showed was often really top-notch - I think you had DragonBall, Outlaw Star, Trigun - those really great early-modern anime.

Then there'd be really interesting stuff like showing Gorillaz music videos on New Year's Eve and game reviews (still remember the Mario Sunshine review, ha ha ha) - it really amounted to an interesting and entertaining bloc of programming.

Then it was followed by a then-impeccable anime line-up in adult swim, with Kikaider, Big O, Cowboy Bebeop, and more.

I know people like to wear rose-tinted glasses with their childhood, but man, they had the rights to really damn good shows and knew how to use them back then.

TOONAMI WAS ON INSTEAD OF ADULT SWIM ON APRIL FOOLS

obviously the date says its probably not permanent but tell cartoon network to keep going it however you can. twitter #BringToonamiBack seems to be the big thing

I missed it. D:

I used to come home from school and watch it. I was too young to stay up and watch, though. :/

Edit: It also had nice breaks like these: http://youtu.be/TfadJj4d5K4

Why we loved Toonami: It was awesome (until they started messing it up, of course).

Edited by GravitySuitCollector

Unfortunately I missed it too. I used to come home from school way back in the day and run into my parents bedroom to watch it. I watched it all the way back in the day when it showed Robotech (please tell me that happened. I mention it to friends all the time but they don't ever remember it being on so I question my sanity).

It even made me want to be a jet fighter pilot when I grow up (abandoned that plan for pharmacy though).

Toonami was a seriously cool block or programs. I might just have to get a twitter account so I can show my support :?

Unfortunately I missed it too. I used to come home from school way back in the day and run into my parents bedroom to watch it. I watched it all the way back in the day when it showed Robotech (please tell me that happened. I mention it to friends all the time but they don't ever remember it being on so I question my sanity).

It even made me want to be a jet fighter pilot when I grow up (abandoned that plan for pharmacy though).

Toonami was a seriously cool block or programs. I might just have to get a twitter account so I can show my support :?

Robotech was waaaay back in the day, I barely remember it but yeah, you're not insane

I remember coming home everyday to watch Sailormoon,DBZ, Ronin Warriors and I would usually skip Reboot ( which I think was the other show on at the time?). It only got better from there, I remember all the promos for Gundam Wing. I didn't know anything about Gundam at the time. All the promos were mysterious with dialogue akin to "watch out! It's a gundam!"

What was that toonami after dark thing called, where they would show the less edited version of Gundam Wing? it was on a 10 or midnight or something.

Oh man, that is a blast from the past - Ronin Warriors. I couldn't even remember what that thing was called! But I do remember that night time thing was called the Midnight Run. I remember thinking I was pretty hard core being able to stay up long enough to watch that. Ha.

Good stuff man. If Toonami comes back on though, would it be ass? I mean, I never saw it through to the end, but all of these old school resurrections that are going on like Thundercats and Voltron are pretty much bollucks. Maybe they'll put Moltar back on! 8O

WWWWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!11!11!ELEVENTYONE!!!

I just recently watched

(give it till 45 seconds to get good) and said, "Well, I guess it's time to watch Hellsing Ultimate. I just got to the 9th and final episode and discovered that it isn't done yet. This thing has been airing since 2006, only has 9 episodes out, and isn't finished? I am so bummed out. Edited by Thin Crust

I'm going through Clannad right now. Well, the visual novel first, and then I'm going to watch the anime, so I figure this is the best/only thread to talk about it. Regardless... I've finished my first route in the VN.

God damn it. It disarms me with cuteness and then drops a sadness nuke. And then I cry. A lot.

Of course, I'm going back for more. I have a weakness for sad stories and cuteness and all that stuff. I have a feeling that isn't going to be the last time I'm taken by sadness because of these stories.

There's a translation. Not quite finished in areas (in the sense that there's asterisks that I assume indicate translations that need work), and there are some pretty glaring errors as far as formatting goes, but so far I haven't encountered anything that came close to threatening my understanding of what was going on.

I wish I didn't have to rely on a translation, but I can't read Japanese. Oh well, it's good enough like this.