OCR01114 - Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix "4F73R M3"

djpretzel

Hey all, if you want to run this song in a DDR sim (Stepmania or Dance With Intensity), you can grab the stepfile here: www.supergreenx.com/music/4F73R%20M3.zip Its also featured in www.flashflashrevolution.com .

Awesomeness... I knew I got StepMania for a reason. I couldn't find it anywhere on FFR, though.

EDIT: But I don't think anyone could actually play that step file, given that it's almost completely covered with steps! Either that or my StepMania is just bugging out, but it works fine for everything else.

Do an orion.78 remix! :D

Damn. I would crap my pants for such a remix. I'd love to hear what SGX'd would do to that horrible singing :D - for some reason, I just can't stop thinking of the original, which Dhsu's sig image would fit better than a fist in the butt! I mean, look at it! The faceless guy from Spirited Away + orion.78 singing = best combo ever

Ok, my lyrics:

I've got it on, don't stop me now

SuperGreenX won't make you frown

Check my sounds you know they can't be dissed

there aren't too many that can flow like this

Its thumpin, jumpin at you

and the rhythm is gonna get through

do I need to say any more

tell me what you feel, yo here I go

Jump jump jump, DDR

Yo everybody feel the beat with DDR

Jam jam jam DDR

everybody dance, let's get down

Could it be that you wanna be more like me

no shame, I bring my game, its just me to please

now I'm gonna bust this phat rhyme out

put your hands in the air, move em all around

can you feel the beat down in your soul

don't fight the feeling, just let it go

S G X is bringin it down

I wanna see you move when you hear my sound

The original B4U lyrics (from animelyrics.com)

Let's get it on don't stop us now

When we step on the scene

We came to get down

Check the moves you know they can't be dissed

Ain't 2 many that can flow like this

We humming, coming at ya!

And the rhythm gonna get ya!

Need I, should I say no more

Tell me what the deal?

Yo check my flow!!!

*Jump Jump Jump D.D.R.

Yo everybody feel the beat with D.D.R.

Jam Jam Jam D.D.R.

Everybody dance let's get down

Could it be that you wanna be more like me

No shame, I bring my pain for the year 2 G's

Now we gonna turn this party out

Put your hands in the air move 'em all around

Can you feel the beat down in your soul

Don't fight the feeling just let it go

4, 3, 2, 1 let's count it down

Wanna see you move we you hear that sound

neither versions are that great 8)

Let it be said before I comment any further, I hate rap, and I hate DDR even more. The mix is good and the lyrics from what I am hearing are being brought out quite well considering how shitty they are heh heh. If pretzel is allowed to try and sing I think we can forgive SGX for trying to rap... heh heh. Wonderful piano work and overall a nice feeling brought out with the mix... never heard the original, but I think I can survive with just hearing this mix on my playlist.

• 2 weeks later...

SGX, you are hands down one of the best artists on OCR.

I freakin' love this song. I can't get enough of it. I've had it on repeat (along with your other DDR song) in my mp3 player since OCR released it. And since I'm in a half-sober posting mood on a Friday night waiting for 10:00 to roll around, I just felt the need to post this since I happen to be listening to the song right this very minute.

Very very cool. It makes me want to dance around my apartment. Which I'll probably do in a few minutes.

Keep it up (btw, Synesthetic is pretty damn good too!)

I shouldve downloaded this sooner :P I absolutely love it. The piano intro is majestic. Sequenced amazingly, great job MC. The whole song is great, and even though pretty similar to original, it provides plenty of variation. Lyrics are done well in my opinion. The effects on the lyrics are cool, and in the second half of the song have some cool additions. (dont know really what to call it). Anyway, this is my favorite from SGX, keep it up.

~Blue

Freakin'.....awesome.

The piano part makes this only 2 times more awesome.

This would sound like some official DDR remix!

Heh, the little step up was just a gimmick to tack on time, eh? :P (Just kidding.)

Also, the part at the beginning sounds a bit like something from FFR.... (the menu system, that is.)

Also, on the suject of DDR songs, on the ReMix page for this, djpretzel mention how most DDR songs are not true game music, does this include the Max series of songs? (Max., MAX300, MaxX Unimited, Legend of Max....)

Freakin'.....awesome.

Heh, the little step up was just a gimmick to tack on time, eh? :P (Just kidding.)

Also, the part at the beginning sounds a bit like something from FFR.... (the menu system, that is.)

Also, on the suject of DDR songs, on the ReMix page for this, djpretzel mention how most DDR songs are not true game music, does this include the Max series of songs? (Max., MAX300, MaxX Unimited, Legend of Max....)

That step up you're talking about, do you mean the key change near the end? If I remember correctly, that key change is in B4U glorious style, so maybe SGX got it from there...or he just added it for fun :P

I believe that all the 10's are konami originals (have you heard of "Z" "ZZ" "omega" or any artists like that) generally DDR songs feel more like they should end at that minute and a half point because they were made to, not just cut short with an ending tacked on (when you hear some of the full versions of DDR songs you know what I mean, Rhythm and Police has a crazt section they had to cut) If you have konamix, the instruction booklet has a list of people who work for konami as well as alternate names for them (up to 5th mix obviously)

Anyways... The song sounds pretty good, the lyrics are as somewhat unintelligible as the orignal (you can pick out some words here and there)... definately a little on the slow energy-less side though, as great as it is a little less filtering on the voice and a touch more energy would have brought it way up... not bad though, definately gonna stay on my harddrive

Freakin'.....awesome.

That step up you're talking about, do you mean the key change near the end? If I remember correctly, that key change is in B4U glorious style, so maybe SGX got it from there...or he just added it for fun :P

Whatever version is in Konamix was the basis for this song I think. I'm not really a DDR connosuir (omg spelling) so I don't really know what mix is what.

edit: and to clarify, that version has a key change.

The piano bit at the beginning is some bit...(edited for content - very good ^^) work. Props to MC.

I like how you were able to slow down the original fast-tempoed B4U into the remix. It sounds like an entirely different song, almost, but with enough reliance to show the remix factor. Not that it's a good or bad thing, just noteworthy. I don't think you're relying on the original song too much, and what's the point of a remix if it's an entirely new song? But anyway.

Lyrics... well, okay, they were lame. ^^ But they flowed, I'll give you that.

Complaints? None come to mind. I've been able to listen to it on repeat for a while several times since I downloaded it. Although I dunno, the ending is kinda iffy. Just seems like a cut would've worked better than a fade-out. But that's just me, and nothing that makes it not worth listening to.

Cookie points:

-The "play" before the piano bit was a nice touch.

-Nice spin on the title.

• 1 month later...

I really love this mix. Never been good at DDR but I've always loved it. I downloaded this when it first appeared here but only listened to it for the first time 2 days ago. Well worth the wait.

I always wondered what the FFR menu music was.

• 3 weeks later...

A very nice mix. Smooth combination of piano elements and soulful tempo, this song digs deep into B4U and rearranges it's content, creating a fresh and overall awesome flow. B4U, which was intended to be a body-moving high beat dance song, has been skillfully elevated to a higher level by MC. The remixer has managed to slow the beat to a comfortable level, and transfered key tunes in B4U using new instruments that add impact to the sound. It's is truly an enjoyable listen, even if you are not a DDR player.

this is a pretty awesome remix of b4u which was a really awesome song to begin with... i like how he mixed electronica and piano into this... when i heard it i felt really at ease ..its a good chillout remix IMHO...really good beat... one to keep playing over and over again... RECOMMENDED DL!! :D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01114 - Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix "4F73R M3"