OCR01117 - Street Fighter Alpha 2 "Kasugano (Booty Mix)"

djpretzel

This definitely will be added to my list of house music. I was sure of it from the moment I heard that bass kick. And the wah-wah added to the guitar is very good and authentic-sounding. The only thing that falls flat here is the piano. It sounded like it was recorded separately. The piano did sound better in part B, but otherwise it felt too dry. The voice samples weren't annoying at all; I'm used to hearing house mixes that pile on the vocals.

This is some cool stuff Mr. Star has going here. I wish he had made a full-length version that's more 'mixable'. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I first started listening, from about :15 to :30 it seemed off-key or something... I don't know, it just didn't seem right. The rest of it after that I liked though (and the vocal add-ons were well-used too, didn't seem to get annoying to me), and after repeated listens that beginning sounded just fine. I dunno, maybe I was just listening for a different style of music at the time and was caught off guard.

Yeah, this is some good stuff. I like it.

• 4 months later...

This is a really upbeat jazzy remix. You would expect to find this type of music in KoF, yet Marc Star brings it to Street Fighter in grand fashion. While some people may not like the sakura sound clips in the song, I wouldn't want to imagine it without them.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Starts out interesting, with a lot of vocal clips. Production is a little muddy, but it still sounds decent enough. I can't really say i'm a fan of the voice clips, they just make everything seem really cheesy.

The wah guitar and bass writing were good, but the mix leaned on the crutch of those voice samples too much.

• 10 months later...

Cool little funky mix here. Personally, I couldn't imagine this ReMix without the voice clips. Probably because I like Sakura and Street Fighter, so the clips don't annoy me as much as they would others. The piano playing the main melody under the upbeat funk was really interesting, especially at half-way. A bit of a party mix to me, and a favorite, for sure.

Awesome job! Absolutely love the mix. Very much surprised I haven't come across it before. This is one of the better house remixes on the site and a must listen for anyone who likes dance music.

That being said - the piano playing the main theme sounds very inadequate for the lead. It sounds solid during the breakdown, but not when it is playing the main theme. And, I totally fine with the voice samples.

Now its time to check out Marc Star's other mixes!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01117 - Street Fighter Alpha 2 "Kasugano (Booty Mix)"