dær ocr: a shameless self-promotion that you will thank me for

O.CAE.N

dær fellow ocr fans:

this is a new account, but I used to lurk here and occasionally post, under a different name. ocr is one of the greatest products of the internet; I just never got deeply involved in the community.

I'm a self-taught musician/producer like most of yourselves, and I have created an independent record that I think the ocr community will really appreciate -- probably more than most audiences.

you can get it at:

http://ww.waevs.ws/

I don't give spoilers about my music -- and my record is a cohesive whole, meant to be heard in one continuous listen -- but I will say this, specifically for you guys here:

if you listen to tracks 4 and 7, and don't immediately want to hear the rest of the record, I have not done my job.

»»» O · CÆ · N «««

p.s. -- somebody tell mcvaffe, if he's still around

No offense... but this is weird. Interesting project, but it's like a radio talk show played overtop of radiohead's "treefingers". Not bad, but not my style. If it were funnier, that would make up for its weirdness, but at the same time, I applaud your efforts. I definitely haven't heard something like this before. The thing that comes closest to it might be the arab strap, since they basically tell a story overtop their music. But seriously cool album design though. I'd say make the music more prominent next time, and less talking, because the music had more potential than it got credit for, being a backdrop most of the time. I was liking certain parts, but then it would just kind of dissolve away and not go anywhere.

I'll definitely be checking out your next thread.

Isn't there something about alt. accounts that are against the rules here, or what am I thinking of?

I didn't know. I created the new one mainly because I couldn't remember any of the info on my old one.

@halc -- haha yeah, that's my big-ups to ocr right there. thank mcvaffe for the ice cap remix.

and to jezon -- it sounds like you *only* heard track 4? there are a few scenes/skits like that spread around the record, but most of the tracks are full-on songs and pretty much bursting with content.

if you didn't get a chance to hear the entire record, i think you'll see many of your (very valid) comments only apply to the "scene" tracks.

and while i'm at it, I guess I might as well point out that I just uploaded a ZIP-file version of the album in addition to the individual tracks. I didn't realize how cumbersome the mediafire interface would be for downloading 9 separate mp3 files.

O.CAE.N

http://ww.waevs.ws/

http://www.myspace.com/waevs

gaaah... my bad. i think i listened to the first two tracks and then track 4, but after 3 tracks with skit material i decided the whole album was probably in a similar vein. i'll have to go back and listen to the other tracks and get back to you with some new feedback.