OCR01884 - Command & Conquer: Red Alert "Hell March to the Apocalypse"

djpretzel

I was just thinking to myself, "Why the hell hasn't someone done a metal orchestral remix of Hell March from Red Alert 2 and called it Hell March to the Apocalypse"?

Well done on anticipating my every whim. This remix is stellar.

I guess I'll just have to wait for a remix of "Mechanical Man" from C&C though :grin:

A fair helping of badass served with a side of awsomesauce and epic power by the shovel.

Ladies and gentlemen, this month's quota has been reached and surpassed. Should another mix this good come out within the next thirty-one days, the earth will be annihilated under their combined head-bashing musical awesomeness.

Let the earth BURN! :D

Hey thanks guy. I appreciate the words.

I was just thinking to myself, "Why the hell hasn't someone done a metal orchestral remix of Hell March from Red Alert 2 and called it Hell March to the Apocalypse"?

Well done on anticipating my every whim. This remix is stellar.

I guess I'll just have to wait for a remix of "Mechanical Man" from C&C though :grin:

Are you...serious? 8-O We're like....psychically connected or something.

Also, Mechanical Man rules.

This was hell-marchingly epic when I got it a couple of months back, and it still even more hell-marchingly epic now. Great to see that you strengthened the snare as well.

Good to see this finally up on OCR Tony, congrats mate. Hope you post up more of your kickass work soon.

And for the record. yes, a mix of "Mechanical Man" would be awesome... :<

This is one of the only ways I can picture a Hell March mix working. The source is pretty bare, with just a few guitar riffs giving it identity. This mix has the beat and the guitars staying pretty close to home, and the orchestra that complements them perfectly.

Are you...serious? 8-O We're like....psychically connected or something.

Also, Mechanical Man rules.

Yes, dude, dead serious...

I was at work an hour earlier and when I came home, bam, the mix was already on the site. The mix was eerily spot on too.

It's a good thing you didn't do a Lufia 2 remix, otherwise a month and a half of work on my part might have gone down the drain haha...

Hell march on, my friend.

Amazing work, I loved how it built with bass and sfx, and then got overwhelmingly huge. Fantastically varied with some great melodic additions.

Good tone and playing, and tasteful orchestra, this is a track so good that even the incomprehensible vocal clip can't bring it down.

One of the best rock tracks i've heard on the site in awhile.

Well, the remixer wasn't lying when he said in his submission email that he stuck pretty close to the original as far as the riffs and drums are concerned. To be honest, when I first listened to it, the first half of this song made me think "this is the metal and orchestra equivalent of midi-rip + drumloops".

Throughout the whole mix, however, there is a lot of variation and a whole bunch of original ideas, so my initial assessment of the remix was not really fair. All in all, it's a really nice and powerful remix.

This remix kicks ass! Just thought I'd let you know that some people started a thread about it at the official Red Alert message boards: http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum/posts/list/19742.page

Just checked out this page. The response is wildly negative. No one seems to like it there. But that's ok, at least actual musicians seem to like it :D

And at least Frank, the original composer, liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Good sir, I have transformed your incredible track into something that even someone as musically retarded as I can perform:

Guitar/Bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAo5IO7FP4E

Drums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lamBW8Szw9c

Luckily, I am not plastic-ally retarded as well. <3 Hell March.

Christ man. I love you. Can you read tabs? I can send you tabs of the parts for you to make the song more accurate. I would send you separated tracks but my laptop is out of commission right now.

EDIT: Turns out I already have separated tracks on an external Hard Drive.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01884 - Command & Conquer: Red Alert "Hell March to the Apocalypse"