OCR01885 - Final Fantasy IV "Kind of Green"

djpretzel

Though I planned to save most of my reviewing for this album's tracks for the official review thread, I just have to jump in here and say that is SUCH A GOOD OUTRO SONG!

When listening to the album all the way through the first time, when this track came on I immediately got visions of some performers kinda shrugging their shoulders, bowing, as if to say "Well that's it guys, hope you enjoyed it!"

The curtain comes up and the invisible band keeps playing this song until it ends... and what a great way to end it it was!

What a story as far as how this mix ended up shaking down too, I'm glad it did though. As minor as it may seem, I don't think the album would have been quite the same without this closing it out.

I don't know what it is about the song, but every time I listen to it, it makes me want to cry a little bit. I don't think it's an intentionally sad song, and it could just be the mood I was in when I first listened to it, but for whatever reason this one really connects with me on an emotional level.

It's definitely my favorite song off of the FFIV album, I'm glad this one came into fruition!

And yes, I do get the Animal Crossing vibe from this song. If there were credits in an Animal Crossing game, I could see this style of music being used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01885 - Final Fantasy IV "Kind of Green"