Impulsive thoughts - games

Level 99

List the game you really want to play when the mood randomly strikes and you're doing other things. Example: You're eating your lunch at work and really REALLY want to go home and play Typing of the Dead. Or you're sitting in the car stuck in traffic and you suddenly have a craving to play Legacy of the Wizard. Different games for different times.

Ready? Go!

I haven't had any urge to play videogames in years. I play them anyway, but I don't enjoy it.

Ha, I think that's a clinical addiction, buddy.

The game I get random urges to play... X-com. I'll be sitting around doing something, and suddenly I'll have this urge to do a speedrun of X-com. It's a little disturbing, even if it is the most perfect game in existence.

I really want to get back to DragonQuest IX while sitting here at work...

There was the one day my hard drive failed, so all I did all day was play Super Mario 64 DS while waiting for tech support to believe me that my computer was actually broken. KF

Pretty much any game from my childhood. This includes a lot of obscure NES games like Startropics 1 and 2, Rainbow Islands, and not-so-obscure Zelda II.

I do have to be in a particular mood to play a game to fully enjoy it... For instance, Final Fantasy III is probably one of my favorite games of all time, but if I just pick it up and play it, I might get bored if I'm not in the right mood.

Currently at work, been feeling the urge to either grind multiple floors in Disgaea 3's Item/Class worlds, or play some Advance Wars games...

Also I tend to get the urge to play Castlevania IV around 8pm...

I find that this happens to me more often than not. Wanting to play a specific game at a specific time. Usually I want to play Eternal Sonata around 7 PM and a fighter before or after that... 8-O

Even though I haven't done it in a few years now, towards New Years I get the urge to play through Zelda ALttP, since I used to do a yearly psuedo-speedrun-one-sitting type deal with it.

Maybe I should go do that right now... nah, well damn, I DO kind of want to though!

It really depends on my environment. When I used to have GGPO on my computer, I would play Street Fighter Alpha 2 on a whim.

Now that my gamecube is in my room, I get random urges to play super smash bros. melee, resident evil 4, or sonic mega collection.

Well, if you don't have the urges that's different... but why would you play them if you don't have any urges? Just don't play them anymore - I won't tell anyone :nicework:

But I don't want to NOT play them. I hate having shit I can't use, so I sell or toss them, and what happens if I get the urge again later in life? Old games are about impossible to retrieve without whoring yourself on the herpesite Ebay.