Impulsive thoughts - games

Level 99

Yeah, Malaki is dead-on with that. Like how one can associate smells with feelings and memories.

The random-impulse happened to me really badly for weeks with three casual games: Bejeweled, Peggle, and Plants Vs. Zombies. I dunno what kind of crack popcap puts in their stuff, but it made me want to play them constantly for weeks.

And right now, I want to go and beat all 6 original NES Megaman games.

I really have the urge to play more Super Kaizo World right now...

...because apparently I'm masochistic.

But really, whenever I'm in a good mood, I feel like going for any of the old 2D platformers, back when those were still the predominant type of game. Preferably something with bright graphics. KF

A few months ago I did that with Mega Man 2 and was surprised at how quickly I got through it - no save states or anything.

A couple weeks ago I impulsively started Chrono Trigger. I've never beaten it before, but I've just passed the furthest point I have before and am about to resurrect Zorro - er, Crono.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately I've been really wanting to play FFVII for some reason. I never had it when it was new but I have an old PC copy to play now. Never got very far the last time I picked it up, but I just kind of want to start over and see if I can complete it.

And every time I'm driving to work in the morning and see a full moon in the sky, I want to play Ocarina of Time. It's that gorgeous title screen.

• 3 weeks later...