*NO* Tetris 'Russian Revolt' *FT*

Protricity

I submitted two remix's about 10 months ago, they were submitted with a month apart. I sent djpretzel a message inquiering as to their status, but as I'm sure you know he's probably got so much work that he can't really be bothered with a problem like this, so I would like to know if you've seen or heard anything about them.

They can both be found at my new site:

Tetris 'Russian Revolt' & Snoic 3 'Ice Age'

WUT

Tetris dance. There's only two ways this can go.

Mixing is decent, though dull - same phaser on lead throughout, synth chorus, good use of stereo field. None of these sounds are interesting, and the drum loops are especially a drag. Arrangement relies too much on the original and lacks structure; improv is too little too late. The fadeout ending is totally misused.

Just dull and unprovocative. NO

Pretty decent, but this is fairly repetitive. There's nothing really terribly wrong with the mix for me, but there's nothing here that stands out either. I do like the section around 1:40. That caught my attention somewhat.

This really needs more attention paid to the concept, composition and execution if you want something to stand out. Average production values. Drumwork is pretty nice at the very beginning and then it develops into something more generic sounding.

NO