OCR01963 - *YES* Final Fantasy 4 'The Flying Machine'

Liontamer

This track is from "Final Fantasy 4 : Echoes of betrayal, light of redemption" project.

Contact Information

* Your ReMixer name : John Revoredo

* Your real name : Juan Revoredo

* Your email address : yesterdaygeneration1750@hotmail.com

* Your website None yet

* Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile : 9896

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged : Final Fantasy IV

* Name of the remix : The Flying Machine.

* Name of individual song(s) arranged : Final Fantasy IV - Main Theme // Red Wings

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Well, despite this mix is an old one, I'm kinda proud of it. It took a lot of work. Don't really remember how I made it, but it's pretty sure it took a couple of "intense" weekends. A lot of things could've been way better, so I'm looking forward to hear your criticism. Other than that, I hope you guys dig this.

Peace, and listen loud.

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff4 - "Into the Darkness" (ff4-12.spc), "Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV" (ff4-07a.spc) & "The Red Wings" (ff4-02.spc)

It was cool to hear a brief medley that felt like a cohesive unit. The cut-and-paste repetition of :36's section at 1:52 was annoying as hell from a development standpoint, but what was there was still reasonably fleshed out enough despite being only 2:28-long. It weakened the YES, but it's still a borderline YES.

Not a lot to say bout this really. It's pretty solid. Arrangement could've taken some more liberties with the melodies, re-hashing when it's not even 3 minutes is low, but overall it was interpretive enough in my opinion. Production was over the bar, nice bombastic brass I must admit. However the "hand drums(?)" really put me off.. They sound like someone tapping on a plastic lid or two.

Could've been more but it's ultimately ok the way it is.

YES(borderline)

I'll echo (of betrayal :< ) the other judges and say that while it doesn't move far from it's starting point as far as progression goes, what it does is very accomplished. A great full sound, and a good arrangement with a few twists and turns make this short and sweet. I think adding another minute of more interpretive material would have made this an easy DP, but I have no doubt this will fly(ing machine :< ) through the panel.

yes

Knock off the puns, OA. There's no place on the panel for such lightheartedness (of redemption) (get it, light of redemption?).

A model medley, and one of the highlights of the project for me. The transitions in this are awesome and make it sound like it was written this way to begin with. In particular, I love what you did at 1:00, Juan, with the chords of Red Wings altered to make the whole passage work perfectly. Sure, it could be have been more interpretive melodically, but this is still pretty expansive on instrumentation, with a lot of new background writing standing out. Great stuff.

YES

• 4 months later...

Beautiful brass and excellent textures make this a very classic update of the theme. I think this would be very close to what Nobuo himself imagined while writing, but the tasteful use of additional themes make it much more than just a cover. If I were trying to show someone what the essence of Final Fantasy IV was, i'd show them this track.