Castle Magic Red Remy

Schwaltzvald

I'm hoping it's more difficult than the usual fare from Castlevania but not in the cheap sense. (fuck you tinman FUCK YOU)

I would even say there are moments where (in the second go of Castlevania IV) it does get very difficult but feels rewarding getting through it.

My other interests is how the music will be as well as what kind of subweapons would be available...

for me, OoE's best replayability feature was hard mode lvl 1 with Albus. I'm sure they'll find a way to make the game rewarding even after completing it without making it feel forced... along with making the game feel fun enough itself.

But there's no reason to make the game frustratingly difficult on first go. Or is there? Should bosses be easy fare or should it take several tries to actually kill something and to learn the key to destroying them? And regular monsters and paths through areas? People complained about how frequent death was in OoE but I don't think I ever really died before fighting albus... hm. Just... any offering in the castlevania series will work for me at this point.

for me, OoE's best replayability feature was hard mode lvl 1 with Albus. I'm sure they'll find a way to make the game rewarding even after completing it without making it feel forced... along with making the game feel fun enough itself.

But there's no reason to make the game frustratingly difficult on first go. Or is there? Should bosses be easy fare or should it take several tries to actually kill something and to learn the key to destroying them? And regular monsters and paths through areas? People complained about how frequent death was in OoE but I don't think I ever really died before fighting albus... hm. Just... any offering in the castlevania series will work for me at this point.

Just for clarification, it's not actually from Konami as it's from Frontier Aja this time round. It's more or less a "Casltevania-esque" game but utilizing characters from the Touhou series; in particular from (EoSD)Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Whether this is a parody, much like how Megamari was, on Castlevania or something else remains to be seen.

As for OoE, I can only recall dying at least 3 times, once for the damn Crab, one from that fucking tinman, and once from Dracula due to being stupidly caught in one of his attacks that can kill in seconds...

Not saying it should scare away less experienced gamers, but I do hope it will provide enough of a challenge for a platformer game for those that follow the touhou series or obscure games in general.

God damn it I just realized I was half asleep when I typed the title, It's Magic Castle Red Remy (as far as I know for now).

@Final Hero,

Have you tried looking for some obscure titles..? There are quite a few that maintains the difficulty to "nintendo" hard like the "Grolla/Zero" mode for RosenKreuzStilette which plays as as Megaman clone with a Castlevania motif.

God damn it I just realized I was half asleep when I typed the title, It's Magic Castle Red Remy (as far as I know for now).

@Final Hero,

Have you tried looking for some obscure titles..? There are quite a few that maintains the difficulty to "nintendo" hard like the "Grolla/Zero" mode for RosenKreuzStilette which plays as as Megaman clone with a Castlevania motif.

Yeah, I have - and I know there are always a few good, hard games out there that make a challenge. I just hate it when it seems like 85% of the games being released out there are so easy that even I - who am admittedly bad at most games, with the exception of RPGs - can blow through them with little or no difficulty. I mean, yeah, I like being able to complete a game... but I like to feel that I accomplished something with each one beyond killing a day or two.

Which video?

I haven't played any of the actual games, but this is without a doubt the best video I've ever seen. :)

Ah yeah a friend of mine showed me that a while ago,

Some of the earlier stuff I've seen had been a couple the animated skits

Nonetheless I'm wondering how the full game will be.