Megaman 9 ReMix- Galaxy Man "Maple Trees Under The Stars"

There's one thing that really bugs me about the flute (I had this problem too with my last mix), and it's that the attack is so strong on certain notes. It makes it obvious that it's a sample. I wonder if there would be a way you could take out that hard attack in some areas.

I also like the piano and the delay. You have a very mysterious sounding mix here. I'd like to hear more of it. :smile:

There's one thing that really bugs me about the flute (I had this problem too with my last mix), and it's that the attack is so strong on certain notes. It makes it obvious that it's a sample. I wonder if there would be a way you could take out that hard attack in some areas.

I also like the piano and the delay. You have a very mysterious sounding mix here. I'd like to hear more of it. :smile:

Oh actually that was actually intentional. It was supposed to sound like the human playing was emphasizing those notes. There's an easy way to drop the attack; drop the velocity. There, done.

img.php?fid=290

Geez I feel bad for Galaxy Man... I turned his fast paced peppy theme song into a slow go slow mo sad theme... I'm a terrible person. xD

The first minute was good. All dreamy and stuff. Once you change the piano in the last 30 secs into circus music the whole thing goes to hell.

I don't think it sounds like circus music at all.

How can it sound like circus music? It's the same exact thing as the source at a slower tempo.

There's only one thing where I would understand it's circus music: the percussion.

It has nothing to do with the piano at all. I use the same piano sound. EVERYWHERE.

UPDATE: Percussion removed.

img.php?fid=302

The hosting service won't play my new version... it keeps playing the old one with the drums. :( Isn't that like impossible? I deleted the old mp3.

Too bad. Don't like it, don't listen.

I don't think it sounds like circus music at all.

How can it sound like circus music? It's the same exact thing as the source at a slower tempo.

There's only one thing where I would understand it's circus music: the percussion.

It has nothing to do with the piano at all. I use the same piano sound. EVERYWHERE.

I don't detect the circus music part either. The percussion does add more energy to the track though I will say. I can see it being used either in the middle of the song, near the end, or both.

why do you have to learn so fast? I wish I could. Anyways :tomatoface:

The pan flute sample is a little too play-back-ish, especially when played longer, which gives it a very fake feel. That's due to it being a SF. I'm also all for having percussion coming in halfway or so. Interesting take on it btw. Oh and progression wise, it's pretty good, albeit generic in formula - can't go wrong with that - can't surprise with that either though :razz: Hence the term "predictable" amirite?

If you want to not be like your bro (as you've stated in your previous thread) you gotta step out of his comfort bubble and expand your own, without being a nonsensical HoboKa :<

The hosting service won't play my new version... it keeps playing the old one with the drums. :( Isn't that like impossible? I deleted the old mp3.

Even if you didn't delete the old one, it'd alter the filename and upload it under a new name. Are you sure you didn't accidentally upload the wrong file?

Could also be that your browser is caching the file. It's usually better to just leave the old versions up though and progressively rename the file (v1, v2, v3 etc) so people can see the progression of your track.

Don't worry, I've got plenty of space to spare at the moment :<

why do you have to learn so fast? I wish I could. Anyways :tomatoface:

The pan flute sample is a little too play-back-ish, especially when played longer, which gives it a very fake feel. That's due to it being a SF. I'm also all for having percussion coming in halfway or so. Interesting take on it btw. Oh and progression wise, it's pretty good, albeit generic in formula - can't go wrong with that - can't surprise with that either though :razz: Hence the term "predictable" amirite?

If you want to not be like your bro (as you've stated in your previous thread) you gotta step out of his comfort bubble and expand your own, without being a nonsensical HoboKa :<

???

What the hell are you talking about? My music doesn't sound like his at all. I write stuff entirely by my own. I learned everything from him; it's only natural we use similar techniques. However, like I said; I do it entirely on my own. He tells me when something is wrong, but he doesn't contribute or tell me how to do things. Nor do I copy from his music. Hence, this comfort bubble you claim exists does not exist at all.

And I see what you're saying, it follows the source melody. Nothing's wrong with being able to predict what happens next in a song since you've already heard the original source material. But as you can... erm, "hear" I gave it a real sad mood, slowed it down. I don't really care so much "what" happens as to "how" it happens. How it happens, I think, shows more effort into arrangement than "what" happens.

For instance, it's the same song, yet totally different feel.

More specifically, the last thirty seconds it was sad and relaxing, yet the source material was pumping and happy.

Even if you didn't delete the old one, it'd alter the filename and upload it under a new name. Are you sure you didn't accidentally upload the wrong file?

Could also be that your browser is caching the file. It's usually better to just leave the old versions up though and progressively rename the file (v1, v2, v3 etc) so people can see the progression of your track.

Don't worry, I've got plenty of space to spare at the moment :<

I suppose so... I'm not comfortable with showing my past mistakes, but if that's how you can truly see the progression of the song, I could do it.

EDIT: I'm an idiot I just realized that you're Fireslash. xD

Well, you could also choose to finish your Metroid Prime remix first. ;-)

People already gave you all you needed to get it done, just give it some more effort.

You'll be glad when it's finished, and you'll be free to focus entirely on Galaxy man.

...maybe you'll even take a completely different approach from the first try, who knows.

Well, you could also choose to finish your Metroid Prime remix first. ;-)

People already gave you all you needed to get it done, just give it some more effort.

You'll be glad when it's finished, and you'll be free to focus entirely on Galaxy man.

...maybe you'll even take a completely different approach from the first try, who knows.

People said I had to fix the snare. I did that.

I gave the remix to Shariq he hasn't said anything yet.

EDIT: I just talked to Shariq he's gonna give a listen later.

Anyways enough about that this thread is for the galaxy man remix...

Which I conveniently have right here, the same as V2 but some latin percussion later parts.

Recreating wasn't much of a hassle.

img.php?fid=316

Important News Bulletin:

We interrupt this thread discussion to bring you this important news bulletin:

As of the time when V4 is released, this remix will be renamed

"Maple Trees Under the Stars"

Thank you for reading this message. You may now return to your discussion.

UPDATE: Added a celesta and original part.

I got it over two minutes... now to break out the solos, which will easily fill up to the 3:30.

Added solos and slight variations of previous stuff.

Some of its fluff, I'll work it out when I get some more ideas.

img.php?fid=325

Dude...

You totally missed my meaning of predictable progression - it wasn't in terms of how it sticks to the source - ESPECIALLY since I didn't even bother to listen to the source in the first place. Besides you PM'd me to give you my opinion and I did so. I didn't try to come off as a jerk, but according to you I did. I'll concede that I've erred in thinking it sounds similar to DS, but there is a still a strong semblance nonetheless. And in either case - that's not a bad thing although it often comes off that way since I'm not in DS's good books.

Anyways, I think I'm just going to let the other people crit your work seeing as how you nor your bro want me to crit you anyways; albeit in a more subtle sense in your case. At least I know where I stand with other people who dislike me here.

Finally, you're sending me mixed messages of whether you want my damned opinion or not. So, you know what? I'll give you what you want to hear: It's a cogent, complete track, that more or less gets the job done. Congratulations.

Now leave me alone.