Megaman 9 ReMix- Galaxy Man "Maple Trees Under The Stars"

Definitely sounds better now. You might take the high cut down, it's still a bit shimmery, but I think it's better. I'd say it's quite sub-worthy, now, not that I'm an expert on that subject. ( still waiting for my first accepted piece :| )

Well I'm not gonna sub just yet, there's something else I want to do with this arrangement to make it less flat.

UPDATE:

I think you guys will like this next update: BIG TIME.

Time to party! Get out those sunglasses and rainbow attire!

I do believe I solved Bigmowthp's flat dynamics problem. xD

Wait until after the solo.

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=354

The bass is a bit too "OOMPH"-ish, I'm gonna turn it down in Ver. 3.3, which is rendering as we speak.

Still working on percussion and reverb problems and I have to think of a nice transition into the fast section.

I found the tempo and style of your remix to be extremely similar, if not inspired by, a few of Crisis Core's tracks. "Dreams and Pride" and "Under the Apple Tree" in particular...which is not a bad thing in my opinion 'cause I'm a huge fan of Crisis Core's music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DfHyOj8wcU

It's a very relaxing remix, so you nailed that part well. It just needs a gripping factor that'll hook me to listen to it. Additionally, that fast-tempo part towards the end doesn't seem to fit well at all.

I found the tempo and style of your remix to be extremely similar, if not inspired by, a few of Crisis Core's tracks. "Dreams and Pride" and "Under the Apple Tree" in particular...which is not a bad thing in my opinion 'cause I'm a huge fan of Crisis Core's music.

It's a very relaxing remix, so you nailed that part well. It just needs a gripping factor that'll hook me to listen to it. Additionally, that fast-tempo part towards the end doesn't seem to fit well at all.

Actually I find that it works fine. It fits in because it doesn't really deviate from his track - all that it is, is a tempo change and some brass support - not like the main melody changed into something else or the entire atmosphere went whack...

Thanks.

And no it was not inspired by Crisis Core music xD

It's latin, so it's not entirely unnatural to find it in games.

I'm loving version 3.3 as well. Taking in the vibes of the melody. It's nice and relaxing. The change of the tempo is unexpected, but it I like it. It's nice and festive. I also think DrumUltimA might on to something with that two beats of silence before that transition. It would be a nice touch. :-o

Thanks to you all for helping me along the track!

I'm following your suggestion about the silence transition but I'll render it tomorrow. xDDD

I also toned down the reverb way down because Shariq said it was too much. I'm also gonna try to add a full drumset to the slower section. (Just minor, won't drown the shaker dominance too much)

Whoooops.

Haven't been working much on it; I hope I fixed some issues that were there earlier:

The transition is supposed to sound bad, in fact when you hear it it's supposed to sound like an amateur ending that you would think it's over and you would give it a "NO (resub)" Then when you go to type in your judge decision you're immediately thrown into a quicker, more festive party. xD

img.php?fid=359

Hopefully I can persuade the Megaman 9 Remix Project director into letting this track onto his album when it's OCR Material, I mean I don't think there's much wrong with more than one track for each WIP. If not I can always ask him for one of the untaken tracks on the album (been getting a vibe for the Stage Select theme but I lack the synths to put what's up here *points to head* down there *points to FL*

Your shakuhachi doesn't loop well (example around 1:00), you might want to route some additional tremolo (through an envelope or maybe a slow lfo) to it to make it sound better. Piano sounds a little too muffled, especially the higher notes, you might want to automate the EQ a bit or change the filter settings. Careful about that since it sometimes sounds fine, sometimes not.

Not liking the repetition on the shakuhachi either, seems like you could easily cut a minute from this and not really lose anything. Either shorten those parts or figure out how to make them feel new.

How it later transitions doesn't bother me as much as what it transitions to. I just feels like it's not different enough, just a different rhythm on the same stuff. Transposing that part a seminote or whole not up might make it a little more... climactic. Now it just feels like it's running faster on the same track.

The transition before bothers me more, 3:07, the rhythm changes but there's nothing to hold on to so it just feels like arbitrary note changes. The piano could be used to make the new rhythm known - subtly! Oh and about the piano, not sure it's humanized much, you could give it some velocity fixes to give it a little more of a human vibe.

On the whole, this is pretty good. You're doing well, neblix. I hear the source, I hear the interpretation. It sounds like it's mixed a little dark and a bit empty. Fixing either of those should be enough. There's a lot of cool touches in this, I think I would put this is Y© territory, but I'm no judge and can't tell what they'll think.

Your shakuhachi doesn't loop well (example around 1:00), you might want to route some additional tremolo (through an envelope or maybe a slow lfo) to it to make it sound better. Piano sounds a little too muffled, especially the higher notes, you might want to automate the EQ a bit or change the filter settings. Careful about that since it sometimes sounds fine, sometimes not.

Not liking the repetition on the shakuhachi either, seems like you could easily cut a minute from this and not really lose anything. Either shorten those parts or figure out how to make them feel new.

How it later transitions doesn't bother me as much as what it transitions to. I just feels like it's not different enough, just a different rhythm on the same stuff. Transposing that part a seminote or whole not up might make it a little more... climactic. Now it just feels like it's running faster on the same track.

The transition before bothers me more, 3:07, the rhythm changes but there's nothing to hold on to so it just feels like arbitrary note changes. The piano could be used to make the new rhythm known - subtly! Oh and about the piano, not sure it's humanized much, you could give it some velocity fixes to give it a little more of a human vibe.

On the whole, this is pretty good. You're doing well, neblix. I hear the source, I hear the interpretation. It sounds like it's mixed a little dark and a bit empty. Fixing either of those should be enough. There's a lot of cool touches in this, I think I would put this is Y© territory, but I'm no judge and can't tell what they'll think.

Okay, thanks.

Anything else? T_T

Um, wow! You've improved a TON since I heard some of your first WIPs, this caught me off guard with how catchy and well-produced it was! You're doing great, man!

Your flute sounds are amazing, mind telling me what you're using for your sample/soundfont? :)

The title you picked for the mix feels perfect for the mood you've got going on, too :-P Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I like the idea of the fakeout at the end, but I think the pretend-fadeout was too long... I'd cut it down by about 50% of what it is now if I were you, so you still get the effect but it doesn't drag on as long.

Um, wow! You've improved a TON since I heard some of your first WIPs, this caught me off guard with how catchy and well-produced it was! You're doing great, man!

Your flute sounds are amazing, mind telling me what you're using for your sample/soundfont? :)

The title you picked for the mix feels perfect for the mood you've got going on, too :-P Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I like the idea of the fakeout at the end, but I think the pretend-fadeout was too long... I'd cut it down by about 50% of what it is now if I were you, so you still get the effect but it doesn't drag on as long.

Actually the fadeout with the bunch of shakers is a placeholder, I'm coming up with a piano/flute solo. After the solo is a really short fadeout into the fast part.

The flute is called "ClavinovaPanFlute" soundfont.

My bass sample is called Standing Jazz Bass from the KORE sampler. It's really nice, changing the velocities really shows up (higher velocities have plucking, etc.)

• 1 month later...