I needed a female vocalist. Thanks for the help!

Gario

Hey, everyone! I'm in need of a female vocalist to sing the main line for a VG credits song I'm writing. The lyrics are the traditional latin 'Lux Aeterna' (they are public domain, don't worry), and this is the complete music you'll be singing to (there's about 30 seconds more of music that needs to be written, and there's no vocal part). This would be absolutely perfect with a singer to push the main theme of the game here in the credits.

I'll be posting the full song, the full song with an imitation vocal part (to allow the singer to know what their singing easier) and sheet music for the vocal part no later than tomorrow, if your interested.

There is a deadline that needs to be followed (August 9th; absolutely no later than the 12th), so be aware. Are there any singers here that would like to try their voice at this? Full credit will be given to the singer, of course (although I'm afraid other than that this will be voluntary). Feel free to either post in here or send me a PM if your interested.

By the way, the vocal range works very well for a mezzo-soprano, but a soprano could work just as well, for those that are interested.

EDIT: The music is updated, and here is the sheet music for the vocalist. I'll work on writing a part that s/he can listen to tonight.

Page 1

Page 2

EDIT #2: The song is finished - the link to the music with vocals is here :). Thanks everyone!

I've PM'd a few, but the due date seems to turn some of them off :|. I didn't bother Pixietricks about it because she's probably on her honeymoon with Zircon. Really, I'm sure that would go over real well with them :lol:.

I'll PM Starla for sure, though (and AnSo, surely).

IRC clients don't work with my connection out here, although I might try the IRC tomorrow at my workplace.

Darn... I'm a soprano and I'd be interested but I'm going on vacation this Friday and I don't know Latin pronunciation. :|

Well I could take a look at the music and listen to the vocal part when you post it, maybe it's still possible... if the singing part is not too long and I could get help with the pronunciation? One last thing, what style of vocals were you going for?

there are a lot of newer girls to the site, too. don't forget katethegreat and the chick who sung on that ff4 track, the one that just got posted a few weeks ago.

Who? Loka LaFevre?

EDIT: Also, while I think KatetheGreat would be an amazing choice for this, last I checked she's kinda busy working on her own album, so she might not be available to help. You could always check with her and see, though.

there are a lot of newer girls to the site, too.

Yeah, that's sort of the reason I made a thread about it - hopefully it'll catch someone's eye, if some of the more popular singers cannot do it.

I've updated the song on the first page (that's the full length of the song), and I created the sheet music for the vocal part (complete with measure, time and eraser markings :tomatoface:). If your interested take a look at the parts (and if you have difficulty reading it let me know and I'll update it with a cleaner part - I was up until 2:00am writing that :sleepdepriv:).

Updated song (it's on the first page, too)

Page 1

Page 2

Thanks for the link, DJP, and I have looked through it and pm'd a few people already :). However, it'll be best if I leave this open for anyone to see - perhaps I'll find someone to sing it that I normally wouldn't find.

One last thing, what style of vocals were you going for?

I'm going for a more lyrical/pop sound for this tune, but I'm flexible with that (although I can say operatic probably won't work for this).

Diotrans, if you'd like to take a shot at it that would be great (the lowest note is middle 'C' - if you can hit that you'll be able to sing this without too much trouble). As for the pronunciation, just stick to this rule of thumb and you'll be okay - articulate clearly and make the vowels as pure as possible. Obviously I can't go into too much detail without hearing what you have though.

Hemophiliac and DrumUltimA, if you'd like to give male vocals a shot, that would be great :). A tenor would be prefered, and I'd take the part down a perfect fourth so you can sing it (I can make a version that does that, if that would help). I prefer female vocals, as they would complete the open space that I'm going for well, but male vocals would work pretty well, too (as long as it isn't a bass or something).

Thanks for the responses - hopefully we'll get some vocal love for this track :-P.

I listened to the track and looked at the music, and I think it's pretty doable. BTW my usual style is pop anyway, so I think hopefully it should be a good fit. Middle C is very comfortably within my range ^_^ And the part isn't too long. The only thing is, I still don't know how to pronounce the Latin words :oops: So since the lyrics are traditional, I can try to look up some kind of audio for them, unless someone else could provide a recording of that. I can learn the syllables phonetically if I listen to them repeatedly; this is how I learned to sing in Japanese without knowing the language ^_^;

Objection-contradiction! yeah you know what i mean by that!

you write in the music "chant-like" and then write in the thread "lyrical/pop-like". That's a little confusing.

Overall style is pop, but that section is to be sung ''chant like'' as far as a popular style song can be. It's just a different part of the same song.

I think it's deceptive for me to call this 'Pop'. I mean more lyrical (Enya, Sara Brightman and the like) than Brittney Spears 'Pop', if you know what I mean (yeah, now that I think about it Pop was a poor choice of words).

Regardless, when I say 'chant like' I simply mean add some pulsation in your singing, much like in Chant, except I didn't have the time or space to write that in full :tomatoface:. Overall style vs. specific effects.

I can try to find a phonetic pronunciation of the lyrics, if that would help :).

Tempo is mm.80 - it's on the first page there (although a bit hard to see), which is also the tempo of the track.

By the way, thanks for helping Diotrans with the pronunciation :-P.

EDIT: Thanks for the track, guys! I'll post a finished version of the song in the Original WIP forum (and link it here) when I finish it up. Thanks a lot, everyone!