Help me fiqure out a song

Synth

Ok. Im trying to learn how to put songs into notation. I am a guitar player and I picked this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEmci2P9BzM

I know how to play the song, but im confused.

The first bar is all 8th notes. The second bar with the triplets/gallop picking is what I dont get. What I hear in my head is 3 8th notes then 2 groups of 8th note tuplets(or is it 16th tuplets?), but that dosnt fit into the bar. The guitar tabs ( http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/trivium/fugue_ver2_tab.htm )say 2 8th notes and 3 triplets, but thats not what im hearing. I am hearing it wrong?

The song is in 4/4,about 210bmp, and in e minor I think.

Im still a noob when it comes to theory, can anyone help me out?

I might be completely wrong on this, but to me it sounds like the gallops aren't triplets but are actually a pair of 16th notes followed by one 8th note (so in the second part of that riff, after the three 8th notes, instead of 2 groups of triplets, you have two 16th notes and an 8th note followed by two 16th notes and an 8th note). A lot of gallop rhythms in metal are mistaken for triplet rhythms but are actually combinations of 16th and 8th notes, and to me it sounds like this song is an example of that. I could be wrong, though.

The tab you're looking at doesn't have the bar lines correctly notated, I don't think, and it has an extra gallop in the second part of that first riff, so I wouldn't use it as a strict guideline for the rhythmic side of the song.