Bionic Commando ReMixed: OK, We'll Groove - History

Brandon Strader

Well that's unfortunate. I listened to it and it's like one short repeating part. It would be super hard to make a mix of that which isn't repetitive or too liberal. It might work well as a laid back, jazzy type piece. Maybe see if Josh Morse is interested, you never know. He's made some pretty good mixes from some pretty not-good sources before. :-D And I'm not saying this source isn't good, it's just short.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updated the first post to match the next deadline. (june 1st)

Well that's unfortunate. I listened to it and it's like one short repeating part. It would be super hard to make a mix of that which isn't repetitive or too liberal. It might work well as a laid back, jazzy type piece. Maybe see if Josh Morse is interested, you never know. He's made some pretty good mixes from some pretty not-good sources before. :-D And I'm not saying this source isn't good, it's just short.

Being honest....I'm not too much of a fan of that track..:tomatoface: but some people are just incredible at arrangement, and I'm really curious to hear what a talented musician can do with it. :DDD

*pfft*

I'll do the neutral area. Just wait 'til my other track is done, then give me another two and a half years to complete it. It'll be fucking gold, man.

Ok man, PM me or post here whenever you're ready to go.

• 3 months later...
Where does this project stand right now? Not much activity in a few months, which has me worried, because Bionic Commando has some fantastic music and a project is perfect for it.

I recently did a finished wip for my track.. Been waiting for feedback for a long time, but seems like all the people are kinda M.I.A.

I guess I'll finish my track , and set a new deadline date.

What about October 1st?

Bionic Commando has some fantastic music

QFE. Gondamin (Junko Tamiya) was the shit back in the days. The arrangements made by Simon Viklund for BC ReArmed, the soundtrack from 2009 sequel by Jamie Christopherson, Erik Thunberg and co., as well as the kickass remixes by Machinae Supremacy stand as proof of that.

set a new deadline date. What about October 1st?

Works for me Juan. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I might know a mixer who could handle a couple of those his name is Willrock. Also I'm up for collaborating with him. :-o

Er... yeah volenteering me to do these things isn't cool assuming you are actually being serious brandon. Juan, I haven't said I'd do anything else mixing wise with this project and if I want to, you'll hear it from me first :)

Yeah, that was pretty much a dickish move.

I didn't volunteer anyone for anything, operative words "might" also you are a dickish move kthx

I'd also like to point out Rule #5 of posting in projects:

Don't insult people/curse people off.

You broke this rule

Here's rule #2:

Volunteer to help out.

This was the rule I was following as part of posting in Projects. Here was my post:

I might know a mixer who could handle a couple of those his name is Willrock. Also I'm up for collaborating with him.

Here's a brief explanation of this post

I might know a mixer

This implies that I have an idea that is not solid

who could handle

Some who is capable of handling this mixes, not someone WHO WILL DO THIS

Also I'm up for collaborating with him

I volunteer to work on a song or songs if the person who I was unsure would be capable of doing it is interested.

Definition of might: (used to express possibility): They might be at the station.

Definition of could: (used to express conditional possibility or ability): You could do it if you tried.

I'm sorry to break out the basic reading comprehension but it seemed necessary.

It's not the first time I've told a struggling director "I might know someone who could do this" and it won't be the last regardless of whether I made this suggestion jokingly or not.

Edited by Brandon Strader

I'm pretty sure we're overeacting here, as Brandon just said "he might know a mixer who could help". I got his point right from the start, as I knew he was not volunteering Will, so no worries.

No need to argue over these forums.

No promises, as I'm currently short on time, but if I can find myself on the brink of boredom during the next couple weeks, I could make some sweet love to that Enemy Assault Truck song.

I'll sign you up on that track :D.

• 2 months later...

An artist named Conlon nancarrow used to create music by punching holes into piano rolls for an automatic mechanical piano he developed.

He would sequence fast passages in a staggered fashion and many musicians thought his music was manually played and developed crazy new techniques to replicate the very fast syncopation. The were not aware of a mechanized piano.

The opening theme has a straight example of such music, chiptune sequencing the same as nancarrow used to do. It's nice to see old standards in new formats.

• 3 weeks later...
An artist named Conlon nancarrow used to create music by punching holes into piano rolls for an automatic mechanical piano he developed.

He would sequence fast passages in a staggered fashion and many musicians thought his music was manually played and developed crazy new techniques to replicate the very fast syncopation. The were not aware of a mechanized piano.

The opening theme has a straight example of such music, chiptune sequencing the same as nancarrow used to do. It's nice to see old standards in new formats.

Hmm.. interesting. Although.. some times is a bit too crazy :-D

• 1 month later...