Bionic Commando ReMixed: OK, We'll Groove - History

Brandon Strader

Yup! Now that we've got a whole roster of awesome and dependable people, it might be apt to set an initial deadline.

I know everyone is very prolific and most have already sent WIPs.

Maybe we could see... if some songs could be finished by the end of the year.. that could be our initial goal. Good luck, folks!

You guys are the greetest. Thank you for your hard work and dedication! :-D

I did leave DarkeSword with a list of people to add to the subforums the other day. I don't know if he saw it, I have no power over that kind of thing. If you do get access, feel free to post in the "I can post here now" thread.

Otherwise I guess just pm me your wips. :3

You guys are the greetest. Thank you for your hard work and dedication! :-D

I did leave DarkeSword with a list of people to add to the subforums the other day. I don't know if he saw it, I have no power over that kind of thing. If you do get access, feel free to post in the "I can post here now" thread.

Otherwise I guess just pm me your wips. :3

can you send me a forum PM with those names?

I will probably be in touch with everyone to see how they are doing fairly soon, but if anyone would prefer to post their status in this thread, that would be ideal... and any WIPs or WIP updates or even WAVs can go in the private subforum.

It'd be great to see progress but obviously I'm not expecting, or pushing people, to finish right now unless they want to. If you can, why not? I'm really just going to be messaging to keep the thought of BC fresh in your minds. :nicework:

It's like Inception, but without all the sleeping, kicking, and purgatory.

Alright, messages sent out where needed. Thanks for checking in, Rockos. :-D

A handful messages out and I got blocked by at least 1 person on aim who must be busy :)!!! But as a whole I think we're good. Keep the updates coming and thanks again so much to everyone who is making this happen!

And a big thanks to Nutritious as well for turning in his WAV! It's very good stuff!

Edited by Brandon Strader

I'm checking in to say I've done a little bit of work on my mix. I'm leading to the end. I'm still polishing some part of the song. Hope I get more free time. As of right now I'm working on it but for maximum 1 hour. I'm gonna get free time next monday. So I'm gonna update my thread upon this date.

Thank you for you patience Brandon ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a splendid upcoming new year. Looking forward to what comes from this album! The roster of people involved is exciting - to just anticipate what they're gonna bring to the table. Brrrrr... givin' me winter shivers. :-o

Would be cool if people want to check in!

Obviously not going to be pushing anything with it being both holidays and MAGFest. :-o

• 3 weeks later...
Mix is coming along. I restarted from zero because I didn't quite like the direction I was taking. Sounds solid so far, might offer a WIP soon.

Your WIP was great, I'm looking forward to hearing more!

I feel like a bum having already finished my song like... 2 years ago or whatever... but I also think my song is really strong even though it's a genre most won't get or be into, with Willrock's help I got it up to what I'd say is industry standards for the djent genre... as for whether that flies at OCR is yet to be seen... I don't know OCR's stance on djent as I'm not familiar with any djent remixes... It's always fun and interesting to get something new out there and see how they go with it!

But enough about me and my bummishness, I just feel like maybe I'm not being as active with this as I could be, if I were actively working on music for it. If anyone feels like I am not engaging enough let me know and I'll do better, I don't want to upset anyone or let this project fall into any kind of stasis.

The previous deadline was the end of the year, so let's see if we can possibly get some finished songs by February 15th!

I appreciate all the hard work, please keep me up to date. The sooner the songs are done, the sooner we can move towards making a really sweet and sexy package to send to OCR!

My focus on ff2 and ff3 will NOT interfere with any duties I owe to you for this project. Just send me a PM with any questions, concerns, or wip feedback, and post your WIP in the private project forum too to get feedback from everyone!

EDIT: Apologies to anyone whose WIP color wasn't proper in the first post, hopefully fixed?

Edited by Brandon Strader

I feel like a bum having already finished my song like... 2 years ago or whatever... but I also think my song is really strong even though it's a genre most won't get or be into, with Willrock's help I got it up to what I'd say is industry standards for the djent genre... as for whether that flies at OCR is yet to be seen... I don't know OCR's stance on djent as I'm not familiar with any djent remixes... It's always fun and interesting to get something new out there and see how they go with it!

I had to look up "djent" actually, but I'm familiar with Meshuggah. And if Meshuggah submitted a VGM rearrangement to OCRemix, I have no idea why it would be rejected based on style or production standards (: I'm looking forward to your track now.

--Eino