Bionic Commando ReMixed: OK, We'll Groove - History

Brandon Strader

Boss intro/Boss BGM just opened up, if anyone would like to help out, please let me know ASAP. Would be ideal if you could finish the song within a month. :-o

Got a decent update on my track with a breakdown and few touches on the existing sections. Might work on it a bit more before posting.

Sweet, thank you for your dedication. :-D And all of you, it has been great!

After the 15th deadline... I may try to contact people a little more often, just those that don't turn in the final song. The "deadlines" are going to be increments of 15 days, with increasing amounts of nagging as we go along. ;-)

If you want to avoid my nagging, see if you can turn in something substantial by the 15th! The people who read this thread are doing really well with their songs, you guys are great, I'm gonna have to get my nag on for a few of the Facebook people. ;-)

Edited by Brandon Strader

It's sad. What happened?

I could try to get something done with it. But as for now don't count me in for this one. If something really interesting comes up I'll let you know ASAP.

Meanwhile, I'm polishing the last bit this week just before 15 so I can have something decent for the final wav.

The remixer is having a tough time IRL, and real life is the priority, especially when people are sick or have something really serious going on.

edit: I asked Hylian Lemon and he's gonna try to make it next weekend!

Even Sir_NutS expressed interest in possibly helping if we don't find someone else. It's good to know you both are there to help just in case. Definitely makes things seem more optimistic that this won't get stuck in development forever. :-)

I am excited to hear your final version of the song, Rockos! It's really good. :-)

I am sorry for being so slow with stuff. :-( Trying to manage a crazy IRL schedule of stuff.

I'm going to be getting in touch with whoever I haven't heard from, probably on the 23rd but maybe as late as the 25th... still got stuff going on plus will be at work. If anyone would like to sound off in here on their own, that would be much appreciated + preferred!

As it stands we've got great progress, 3 finished WAVs and a WIP for every song. Only hold out is Willrock, who seems to have gone rogue and is planning to take his remix to The Shizz's Bionic Commando album directed by M. Night Shyamalan. I gotta be honest, I did not see that coming. (I'm kidding, I'm kidding... I totally saw that coming!)

Just for fun here's some of the genre split so far: Orchestral, dubstep, djent, chiptune (hopefully a first to get posted on OCR, let's make history!), and (blanket term) electronica! ;-)

OK GUYS! It's March 1st and it'll be past in a few hours... There's still a handful of wavs that are not in yet.

I got a call from Ben Briggs which was a surprise, but he's working on the song! I will be checking with other folks soon, but it is looking like we're going to be having another 15 day increment for the deadline. We're going to need to ramp things up to get this done without going too long throughout the year!

EDIT: Can we... PLEASE... try to finish the songs by APRIL 1st? NO JOKE

• 3 weeks later...

It is with immense joy that I announce the completion of Avaris' brilliant Bionic Commando remix, Hold Your Weapon. A song that gets stuck in my head EVERY time I listen to it. It's really catchy, and very impressive. The remixes are really good for this album, everyone is doing such an amazing job, thank you all so much. :-)

I made a mistake, and didn't realize we do actually have a WAV from Rozovian, it is on his server. My apologies to him for this oversight on my part.

This puts us at 7 WAVs, 5 songs remaining to need WAVs.

I am going to move the final deadline to April 30th. Why?

1. Easter

2. This will give everyone time to actually shoot for a final goal instead of trying to just weasel along every 15 days with a deadline. BUT This will be a more strict deadline, if the date comes along and there are still unfinished songs (I'm looking at you, Albatross!) the consideration will be given to cut the artist and seek a new one to cover the song unless adequate explanation is given and assurance that the song will be completed in a timely fashion. :-o

Thank you all for your hard work!!

EDIT: I purposely didn't tell Ben Briggs because I knew if he knew the deadline was moved he wouldn't make his song. He turned in a WAV on April 1st. Crafty, but it worked! I am a lot more confident that the WHOLE thing can be completed this month as a result, the last 4 (FOUR!!!) people are very dependable, hard working folks. I will need to get working on the art and website soon

IMPORTANT NOTE: I fixed the source titles for each song, They are as follows:

Prologue - Rockos

OK, We'll Move - Brandon Strader

Bionic Commando Theme - Sir_NutS

Amongst Allies - Phonetic Hero

Heat Wave - Nutritious

Meet the Enemy and Descend - avaris

Leap of Faith - WillRock

Power Plant - Amphibious

Boss Dialogue, Intruder Alert - Hylian Lemon

Rise of the Albatross - Gario

Albatross - Benjamin Briggs