Bionic Commando ReMixed: OK, We'll Groove - History

Brandon Strader

This deadline actually worked SUPER well. After Amphibious does final touches to his song, it'll be down to just Gario! And Gario has been pretty far along with his song for a looong time, before I was even on the project I think back in early 2011.

So pretty soon I will be making the artwork, which I took some industrial texture photos recently for, and the trailer which I'm thinking we can use game footage for -- that'll make things... easier. Looking forward to it.

Haw! Gario's doing a great job. :-D

I am excited!! I am preparing the songs for the trailer, which I'm looking forward to trying to make. It'll be super simple but effective, I hope.

Anyway, here's 30 second clips of the songs I'm thinking of putting in the trailer, might have to drop a bunch due to length but we'll cross that bridge when we get thur.

http://www.bstrader.net/bc_preview.mp3

Hearing 30 seconds of a bunch of different songs should give you a pretty good grasp of how great this album is going to be.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your hard work and dedication! We're almost there!!

Yeah I think I can turn this in for evaluation once we get that final song and I wanna include a cover art by halc, so this may be a lot sooner than I expected. I thought I had to include the website and trailer too. Now I can focus on those a bit later while the music is evaluated. Give it maybe a week, maybe a week and a half, we'll see this badboy out to sea.

Yurp thanks Will, and if anyone is planning on making adjustments, please let me know. It's no problem at all to download a new WAV. I just don't want to assume anyone's doing anything when they totally are against it. So until I hear otherwise I'll assume people are not going to change anything, so let me know ASAP. Yar? I don't want to step on anyone's toes, that's the whole thing.

edit: And just to repeat this, I am REALLY HAPPY with ALL of the songs, as they are, I think they are really strong and well made. I enjoy all of them. I don't think there are any that people would "pass over" except mine, so if you choose to adjust anything it'd just be to make things even better, which might be a good idea OCR-wise. I appreciate all of the hard work you guys have put in over the last 6 months.

Edited by Brandon Strader

I've been listening to my mix and I might do a second pass this week, gotta get more second opinions. But I didn't get back to you with a new version by the end of the week I probably won't change it.

Yup! If anyone else is considering another pass, let me know!

After I hear from Sir_NutS and Gario about the final versions of their songs, we gonna send this in to the proper authorities.

Artwork posted in subforum, share an opinion if you dare. :-)

Huge thanks to halc for making the cover!

Yup! If anyone else is considering another pass, let me know!

After I hear from Sir_NutS and Gario about the final versions of their songs, we gonna send this in to the proper authorities.

Artwork posted in subforum, share an opinion if you dare. :-)

Huge thanks to halc for making the cover!

I'm doign some stuff to mine too, but I have to make it through the week first

• 2 weeks later...
I'm doign some stuff to mine too, but I have to make it through the week first

Sweet. :-)

To anyone planning to update songs still, please let me know ASAP. I believe we'll soon have Gario's song, which will make the album done... except possible fixes. I don't want to rush you guys and it's no problem at all, just let me know.

To anyone who hasn't done this yet, please sign the OCR Consent form

Also I think we have a short paragraph from everyone for the About page on the website, except for... Nutritious, Rozovian, Gario. If you guys could, please write a paragraph like the ones you see in the private subforum thread which I don't think I can link here but it's easy to find.

Also if you noticed the back cover art in the Artwork thread (private subforum) you'll notice it doesn't say "Directed by Brandon Strader", it says "Directed by OC ReMix Community Members". These short paragraphs you write for the About page are important for that. They're taking the place of any directors comments. It's going to be really nice.

Thank you for putting in the extra time, guys!

Also if you noticed the back cover art in the Artwork thread (private subforum) you'll notice it doesn't say "Directed by Brandon Strader", it says "Directed by OC ReMix Community Members". These short paragraphs you write for the About page are important for that. They're taking the place of any directors comments. It's going to be really nice.

Thank you for putting in the extra time, guys!

That's a 1st class gesture dude! I just wanted to personally thank you for all of your hard work related to this project. There is a lot of hand holding and time constraints involved in doing a project. Kudos to you good sir. :)

Classy move, BS. :nicework:

Adjusting silence at the end of tracks, seems to be what I'm doing. Not a fan of leveling songs to be consistent, it's a personal taste type thing. I like to hear everyone's songs the way they intended them. ;-) It's a compilation, people know there's going to be different sounding songs, at slightly different volumes, so.

I think I've already got the WAVs named right. No flippin' clue where the project standards document is anymore, I couldn't find it. Probably looked for an hour yesterday.

Billy Pop has the honor of slapping this baby up on the evaluation forums when isent it to him.

Edit: I also decided against gapless playback

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! Brandon asked me to do the BC trailer for OCR and I'm honored to be able to do so, as the music really rocks! :)

Now, I'd like to know if you people have wishes or if you would like to see something special for the trailer. I already have a general concept, but if the Bionic Commando family has ideas, feel free to post here or to PM me!

I'll start working on it this week-end (maybe)!

(I'm totally stepping on José's territory :lol:)

Nice work, everyone! Good to see this album finally reaching completion. :-)

I don't know if I'd say 'finally'... most of the songs were made or finished after the project restarted in October, 2012 :-D There were a few songs from before then that are on, like Nutritious, but I think most of them were updated slightly, even Willrock. I updated mine but it was done for a while. But yar, most of them are new.

I'm gonna get CS5 Suite or whatever on my laptop so I can work on the website at work. Lots of time to do stuff when you work security, you just need the software.

Chernabogue is working on the trailer, and after seeing his treatment of BadAss 2 I have pretty high hopes for it, it should be great. :-D

Pretty excited, the album is really strong, and I think the approach of having all of the artists write director notes for the website is a cool new way of doing things, I hope it catches on in the future with other projects.