Bionic Commando ReMixed: OK, We'll Groove - History

Brandon Strader

Double post! :-D

1. Bionic Commando pack is $5 on Steam right now, includes ReArmed (the remake of the NES original) and the fairly new game that looks pretty good, watched my bro beat the game once.

2. Chernabogue made an awesome wip of the trailer. It is awesome. Very excited about everything coming together very nicely!

3. QWFlkWG.gif

As long as Gunstar and Sonic CD are still MINE!....

What I saw at PAX East was worthy, so the assist is welcome.

You 'BadAss'es will hear from me soon.

Speaking of BadAss! I've got the Bionic Commando website all set up graphically and stylesheetily, but it's full of the information for BadAss 2. Quite silly, but it's looking pretty durn hot. :tomatoface:

And Jose.... nothing personal... your trailers are always brilliant, I just thought you'd have a bit too much on your plate with FF2 :tomatoface: and I was impressed with Chernabogue's work on BadButt 2.

The trailer is done thanks to Chernabogue, the website is done, and the release package is uploading to send to the bigwigs for whatever they do to it next, sadly we won't be coming out next, and "soon" is debatable, but it will still be quite a nice album and I hope you all enjoy it. :-) It was my honor to work with all of you and I thank you from the bottom of my blackened, crispy heart.

The trailer is done thanks to Chernabogue, the website is done, and the release package is uploading to send to the bigwigs for whatever they do to it next, sadly we won't be coming out next, and "soon" is debatable, but it will still be quite a nice album and I hope you all enjoy it. :-) It was my honor to work with all of you and I thank you from the bottom of my blackened, crispy heart.

Likewise. :)

• 2 months later...
Also if you noticed the back cover art in the Artwork thread (private subforum) you'll notice it doesn't say "Directed by Brandon Strader", it says "Directed by OC ReMix Community Members". These short paragraphs you write for the About page are important for that. They're taking the place of any directors comments. It's going to be really nice.

Thank you for putting in the extra time, guys!

That's a 1st class gesture dude! I just wanted to personally thank you for all of your hard work related to this project. There is a lot of hand holding and time constraints involved in doing a project. Kudos to you good sir. :)
Classy move, BS. :nicework:

I feel obligated to point out that my plan was changed without my knowledge or consent. If you've seen the credits at the end of the new trailer, you know what I am referring to. I am very disappointed that this happened but it was out of my control.If anyone is upset when they see this change, I'm right there with you.

I feel obligated to point out that my plan was changed without my knowledge or consent.

Blame me for that one if you like. I moved quickly in the middle of five other urgent video projects to list revisions for the video. I saw the director credit, I asked the staff, "Huh?", and I was told "Strader", but I didn't consider pressing for absolute confirmation. It apparently bears repeating that it doesn't get more sinister than that. I'll see what we can do.

Blame me for that one if you like. I moved quickly in the middle of five other urgent video projects to list revisions for the video. I saw the director credit, I asked the staff, "Huh?", and I was told "Strader", but I didn't consider pressing for absolute confirmation. It apparently bears repeating that it doesn't get more sinister than that. I'll see what we can do.

I'll also say, that kind of director credit makes no sense and looked like a placeholder more than anything else, which is why I went "huh?" when I saw it. There's a director who coordinated; there aren't 12 directors or no director. :tomatoface:

Anyway, it's not conspiratorial; it amounted to "OC ReMix Community Members? As the directors? That doesn't make sense... Who actually coordinated it? Brandon Strader? Right, I remember. OK, Brandon." I get what you're going for, Brandon, but it's not the first album picked up from a different creator/director and calling the community the directors isn't accurate, otherwise every album would credit "OC ReMix Community Members" as group directors. Crediting a different entity is almost like Alan Smithee-ing the credit. Besides, you earned the director credit, that's literally the role you performed.

In any case, it's not that deep, and I'm certainly not mad, but that has to be said because 1) emotion's not conveyed in text, and 2) Brandon always assumes the worst.

Edited by Liontamer

I'm not mad at you guys and after talking to Stevo I can understand that crediting policies are changing (in concern to associate directors and stuff), and that a director needed to be credited, I just felt obligated to let the people who had been informed of my plans know that things changed and it wasn't up to me. I'm not necessarily pointing BLAME at YOU GUYS, I'm merely shifting it away from me. ;-)

Edited by Brandon Strader

I'm not mad at you guys and after talking to Stevo I can understand that crediting policies are changing (in concern to associate directors and stuff), and that a director needed to be credited, I just felt obligated to let the people who had been informed of my plans know that things changed and it wasn't up to me. I'm not necessarily pointing BLAME at YOU GUYS, I'm merely shifting it away from me. ;-)

No problem, I'll take the blame.

DIRECT YOUR TOMATOES HERE! -----> :tomatoface:

What about "Special Thanks", "Inspired by" or something along these lines to credit "OC ReMix Community Members" that better acknowledges the role and the impact you're trying to convey?

This album was a dream to work on, I picked it up on October 31st, last year, and it's already coming out. The people who worked on it made it super easy, so I wanted to give them those props because I felt that they deserved it. I actually appreciated the opportunity to hound Benjamin Briggs all the time about finishing Albatross, and that's probably the most work I did. If anything I should be credited for THAT. If you guys, when you release the information for the album, could find a way to give those props either with some kind of release note, then that would be great. It would probably be best not to edit the trailer now that it is up. If you guys could maintain the "About page" on the website I think that would go a long way to accomplishing this goal, in part.

"Placeholder" was my first thought too. Anyhow, cool, and big thanks to Alex for easing my workload again. He's more than qualified to continue, in my viewpoint. I'll probably seldom exercise my imaginary 'right of first refusal'. :)

Thank you very much! :) I'm glad I could help, and I hope I'll be able to help again in the future.

Yes, Chernabogue! Your trailer is great. I hope it hits kotaku when the album comes out but who knows, they might only cover FFs and stuff. :-P

I'm not against being credited as a director, I just didn't realize it had to be done that way, and I did want to spread that particular credit amongst the artists involved in the album. I am not trying to hide from it or anything, I am very happy with this album and everything about it. I think it's all super great and I'm proud of it and proud to be a part of it. Hopefully there's no confusion there.

Edited by Brandon Strader