OCR01887 - F-Zero GX "Beyond Velocity"

djpretzel

Hah, this is a great piece man. The title definitely threw me into confusion I was expecting somethin fast but I can live with that. Great atmosphere, it's very relaxing to listen to it'll definitely be nice for long trips or somethin different to just listen to randomly lol. Anyways, good stuff man great sophmore remix =).

Well, there ya go - you've got a chill streak going, Rozo. The last F-zero mix you did was rather chill, this one is very chill, and you've got a Chill Penguin mix in the works (which was pretty chill, if I recall). Chilly.

I like chilly, and I like this song. The instruments are a touch 'meh', but otherwise it goes down pretty smooth :-P.

Not what I was expecting at all, based on "Eat your own dust," but this is really nice to listen to for a completely different reason, waaaay chill! I can always use some more chillout type music so this is definitely a welcome addition for me.

Definitely doesn't sound like it would be out of place in an icy area, so I'm board with that vibe too.

Normally I like to compare mixes to the source but since I've never played GX, I'm just gonna have to go with I like it, I'm keeping it, and keep on doin' what ya do!

Thanks for the write-up and reviews so far, glad you're all enjoying it. I was getting worried that it had been forgotten or something since it's been almost a year since it was subbed. Checked a few other recent postings and found they too had been sitting and waiting for quite a while. Whatever, I'm just happy it's out now.

This was something of an experiment, I tried using as few tracks as I possibly could (11) and only use synths, no samples. As it turns out, one of the instruments I used was a sample, but of a synth. :D More all-synth experiments soon to enter the TBJ-queue.

Glad I confused ppl with the title too. ;)

I actually never really liked this song in the game, however what Rozovian did with it, I liked. It's almost like this was the way the song was supposed to sound in my opinion, a chill, relaxing tune, instead of the original upbeat version found in GX. Great job Rozovian, managed to take a song I didn't like and make a remix of it that I thoroughly enjoy :-).

This feels SOO 80's. Regardless, not having heard the source this is a piece of music I probably won't be walking around singing. It's like there's... nothing to hold on to, really. That said, it's not a bad mix by any means. It just hit me I won't remember the melody once the mix is over. Doesn't sound like anything else I've heard on the site before, though, and that's always a good thing.

Damnit, I didn't mean to sound like I didn't like this. I did.

Going into it expecting a pulse-pounder would lead to disappointment. Thankfully, DJP's writeup warned about the ambiance of this track and it's a good thing it did. I don't think I would've appreciated it as much if it hadn't, especially considering the source was Aeropolis, which was the stage I played by far the most in F-Zero GX.

On to the mix. Ambient to an extreme, with a sort of meandering sense to it. Normally straight synth-ambient tracks don't really do it for me, but given the sparseness of the Aeropolis track, it's relatively fitting. I can't complain about the synths here, and I love the bells that ring the main part of the theme. The synths backing up the bells mesh well and sound nice. The only thing that sounds a little off to me are the notes halfway through the song. I know those are a stylistic choice, but I can't really dig it.

Overall, I can't really call this ReMix a favorite of mine. However, I do really appreciate the interpretation and the polish put through the majority of the song. It's an ambient song done quite well, which I think is pretty hard to do. Worth a listen, definitely.

I'm pretty partial to ambient electronica and this piece I'm really digging. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it, but after a few plays it's really grown on me. I really love what's been done here, and I know this will be one of those tunes I'll listen to for a long time, such as it is with much of the OCR stuff. ^_^

nice and chill with some good gated textures, I was feeling this one. It did help that I read the readup first, because knowing it wasn't going to explode into pwnage tempered my expectations a bit, and I was able to just enjoy it as a melodic downtempo track.

Very good stuff, love those bells. Nice work Rozo, keep it up. :-)

The only thing that sounds a little off to me are the notes halfway through the song. I know those are a stylistic choice, but I can't really dig it.

Neither could Larry at first, he asked me to change them. And then he asked me to change them back. :D

I probably won't be walking around singing. It's like there's... nothing to hold on to, really.
Great job Ro, I haven't been able to get this song out of my head. Mostly the bell melody.

Interesting... :D

This gets better the more you listen to it... I like this about twice as much as I did before.

If you hadn't posted before and we hadn't talked about this remix before, that would be an excellent way of sneakily saying it sucks. :P

Again, thanks everybody for the feedback. Always interesting to read what ppl think of my work, and I don't mind that most of it serves as self-esteem boosters... and that's just on this track's thread. :D

There should be at least one more remix from me posted this year, maybe more. I got two more TBP (tho you might have heard Lacrima already on EOBLAHBLAH... on the FF4 album) and two more in the queue, and... more to come.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01887 - F-Zero GX "Beyond Velocity"