The Spoony Experiment

OverCoat

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/

Anyone else follow this guy like I do? He mainly does videos about old hilariously bad FMV games, but also had a long ongoing series about Final Fantasy 8 that was just amazing. I recommend everyone watch all of those first. Also, he just posted a new SWAT 4 video.

Since I've already seen everything by this dude, now I have to wait for new content which sucks :[

I don't remember how I got started watching this guy, but I haven't stopped watching him since. I love his style of reviewing, and he is really hilarious. I especially like his coverage of old FMV games, and the like.

Best moment though, was his review of Hell's Kitchen: The Game. I still can't help but laugh loudly at the part when he takes a huge bite of the pepper and his face just completely falls from smiling to disgust and shock.

And Brushfire, he actually made a finale for FF8, you should go check it out.

I just watched the first FF8 vid and half the second one. I have to admit, the guy kind of annoys me. Watching those two was enough to make me want to stop going there.

He seems to have some conflicting feelings about the game. He obviously hates the game, and is determined to let everyone know. That in itself isn't so bad, but then he proceeds to play through it and go through the pain all over again.

If he hates the game so much, why does he put so much time into it? Given, FF8 has some really annoying aspects to it, which is why I will never play that game again unless it is emulated and I have loads of frameskip options. But still, he is making it worse than it needs to be. He doesn't even use the memory option so that he doesn't have to move the cursor to select the same option (draw) every time. Definitely causing himself unnecessary pain there.

I think that this guy is either a masochist, or that he secretly likes the game, and is embarrassed about it, so he makes videos of himself poking fun at it, while he is secretly enjoying it. You saw the way he reacted to seeing Quistis for the first time.

Don't get me wrong here. I didn't come into this meaning to rant about the guy ranting. That guy just makes me feel the same way about his videos as he feels about FF8 lol. I think it is mostly that the video moves too slowly. This guy really wants you to empathize with the pain he feels.

Maybe I'll go and watch one of the non-FF8 videos. Perhaps, in smaller amounts, it will be more enjoyable.

I love spoony. I think I got onto him around the ultimate final battle (or whatever its called).

Not exactly sure how to put it. I enjoy his review style because it's in the same vein as watching bad B Movies and getting a kick out of all their flaws.

You're in the way, sir.

Spoony is amazing. I love his stuff. I don't remember how I found it... I wanna say a friend linked me, or maybe it was a chance finding. I dunno, but I found myself not really amused by AVGN anymore, so I was thrilled to find Spoony.

A Polish friend of mine introduced me to him, and I will forever be grateful for it. I absolutely love him; he's a good critic, and an even better comedian, and he knows a lot of awesomely bad obscure stuff, especially for PC. His Let's Play of Phantasmagoria 2 is by far one of the funniest damn things I have ever seen. I even donated my copy of the Terror TRAX FMV game to him in the hopes that he would review it (and he will! :D ).