OCR01888 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Snowboardin' Sonic"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...

Yeah, this one's a favorite of mine just for the awesome solos. The synth choices didn't bother me a bit and honestly I thought it was perfect for the kind of music you've got going here.

The foundation for the song is pretty generic but the lead writing is what makes this one of my favorite Willrock mixes. Very enjoyable mix, but you've only improved since this! :-D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the best Ice cap zone remix I heard to me its something that I won't forget no amtter what everytime I listen to it I get excited,its addicting and best of all it has a sound that when I heard it I just couldn't believe I'm hearing such a sound I never heard it the sound that is both original, sonic sound and at the same time its kind of new i.e its like the new generation sonic.I'm sorry I can't describe the sound but its at the beginning and comes back again in the meddle and towards the end.This remix without no doubt Epic and perfectly done.

• 9 months later...

Out of all my posted OC Remixes, this is chronologically the oldest of them all from the date I started it.

I'm not entirely sure where the style for this mix came from - All I know is that when I joined ocr and got a very decidedly negative critique on my first subbed remix to the site, I set out get a mix posted to prove to myself I could do it, and this was the first mix that I attempted this with. Originally, I wasn't successful - The original mix is here

However, if you fail, you should try again, and try again I did. Inspiration musically wasn't really important to me here I don't think, I was driven by a different desire, which was to be posted on OCR.

Thankfully I succeeded, and altho this mix quite rightly hasn't been without its share of criticisms, i'm happy that I was able to make a remix that people have enjoyed regardless.

• 6 months later...

I think this remix is amazing solely on the fact that it does one of the two things I like best about ReMixes: expands the melody of Ice Cap through WillRock's own interpretations and solos. It has a terrific sound, and it gives more life to an already awesome song. The intro really fits the whole "Sonic Snowboarding at the beginning of the zone" scene in my opinion.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You know, the opening actually reminds me of the background music from Perion in MapleStory. So, when I had that realization, I nearly jumped from my chair. Epic Sonic mix, but that was NOT quite what I was expecting.

[Edit]: DOH! On double checking, it sounds nothing like Perion's music. But it reminded me so much of Maplestory, but I can't remember where.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01888 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Snowboardin' Sonic"