Sonic Advance 3 - Ocean Base WIP

Hi everyone!

I've posted here a few times in the past, not sure if anyone remembers me. Anyway, I'm a beginner at this whole remixing thing and I've been trying to improve over the months. The latest mix I've been working on is a remix of Ocean Base from Sonic Advance 3, one of my favorite Sonic games in recent years.

As for the source, in Sonic Advance 3 each stage has 4 different variations of its theme, although I mainly focused on

(only certain parts of the song actually).

This definitely isn't finished, and I realize it still feels a bit "empty". I'm not sure exactly what else to add to it at the moment. Anyway, here's my WIP, hope you guys enjoy. Constructive criticism is definitely welcome. :D

http://www.taposse.com/ocean_base_wip.mp3

Hi everyone!

I've posted here a few times in the past, not sure if anyone remembers me. Anyway, I'm a beginner at this whole remixing thing and I've been trying to improve over the months. The latest mix I've been working on is a remix of Ocean Base from Sonic Advance 3, one of my favorite Sonic games in recent years.

As for the source, in Sonic Advance 3 each stage has 4 different variations of its theme, although I mainly focused on

(only certain parts of the song actually).

This definitely isn't finished, and I realize it still feels a bit "empty". I'm not sure exactly what else to add to it at the moment. Anyway, here's my WIP, hope you guys enjoy. Constructive criticism is definitely welcome. :D

http://www.taposse.com/ocean_base_wip.mp3

That beginning bass synth is kinda scratchy and a bit annoying, trying using a more clear synth, like a pad or something.

I can understand the comments about the bass at the beginning. I was kind of my intention to make it sound a bit "scratchy", but I suppose it is a bit overboard. I'll try to tone that down.

Yeah, I agree that I need to add some more progression to this. I just started working off of the beginning of the song, and the next thing I knew my mix was 3 minutes long. XD So yeah, I'll try and add more source material in there, and maybe that'll help make it sound more lively as well.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys. I want to keep working at this, because I have a bad habit of dropping things that I start, but I feel like I've got a good start to this, so I'm going to try and keep going with it. Maybe I'll have another WIP up soon.

Thanks!