Sega + RPG Teaser Page = Phantasy Star Portable 2

SwordBreaker

Possible, but I recall a friend of mine mentioning that the person behind the Phantasy Star RPGs (who was also behind Skies) was starting development on a totally new RPG project. This may be it.

But the silhouette of the girl does bear a passing resemblance to Fina, at least... So you might be right.

If there's any justice left in this world, it'll be Phantasy Star V (Phantasy Earth as it was nick named back in the day).

Is it wrong that I'd be tons more excited for news like this instead of another Final Fantasy title.

Seriously, a legit Phantasy Star game (not ragging on PSO or anything, but I'd like to say I think the ship's sailed a little while ago with that one) would make me one of the happiest people in the world.

Although a sequel to Skies of Arcadia would be pretty nice too....But PSV would be the greatest announcement I've come across this year since....that epic mickey stuffage.

Eh, if it truly is a Skies sequel I'd feel a mixture of both fear and excitement: excited that a sequel IS being made to such a fantastic game, but scared that they're going to mess it up. Reason being that NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (I haven't played it, however) seems to have been messed up from the original formula in that you have to take more effort into avoiding the bird (rather than the solitary Ideya Capture) to get any massive links. While I love sequels to games I love, I won't love them if they're not done right.

Unfortunately, however, I fear Skies did what it did TOO right. There's an article floating around somewhoere on Edge or something about why Skies was so lovable and awesome despite it not really revolutionizing everything. The article was on point though and really emphasized things that Skies did that really set it apart from other JRPGs: one namely was the whole "you're actually discovering a world and developing your character and story" and whatnot. Besides other RPGs where you just level up your character, the whole building a crew, discovering new parts of the world, and ability to break the bounds of that existed in 70% of the game (high/deep sky) really is one thing Skies did right.

Awwww man Skies is so awesome ^_^.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, to somewhat bump this topic, it seems that the silhouette has changed on the teaser site... Looks like some guy wielding some sort of ridiculously large JRPG weapon. Additionally, I dont remember if they had a date posted before, or if this is a new development. Well I suppose I'll be checking up on this in four days or so.

I believe it's a Phantasy Star.

I saw the news yesterday and immediately assumed that was correct, but I had only seen the news; no scans. This scan has people with the same outlines, so... yeah, pretty much confirmed.

A little disappointing, but not unexpected. Portable 1 sold like gangbusters in Japan, and it's only real failure to becoming a true Monster Hunter threat (lol, as if) was that it only had adhoc multiplayer and not online, which this sequel seems to fix.