OCR01129 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Dream Pipe'

djpretzel

Okay, so I've got yet another submission for OCR.

This is a remix of the Special Stage and Race Results themes from Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I personally don't like the Special Stage theme; I think it's a terrible piece of music in the game, but so many people were requesting this song over and over again that it was getting on my nerves, so I decided to remix the song just to shut them all up. ;)

The Race Results song was added in the middle because I do happen to like that song, and I felt that it fit pretty nicely and didn't get the coverage it deserved in terms of remixing.

Anyway, here's the song. It's called Dream Pipe.

Hope you enjoy it, at least.

Mixer: DarkeSword

Email: darkesword@exphyl.com

Site: http://www.darkesword.com/

I noticed that my remixer profile doesn't have my website in it; if it's not too much trouble, do you think you could add it?

Until the next submission,

Shariq Ansari, aka DarkeSword

I remember hearing several wips of this while it was in the compositional stages and I have to say the end result is very satisfying.

The vibe throughout is nothing short of happy, uplifting and celebratory. Instrument selection is perfect. I especially love the piano and bells. This is especially obvious in one of my favorite sections around 1:20. Transition points throughout are silky smooth. At around midway the best section with the bass and bongo/congo appears. Really great work there. The bass and drumwork is consistently good and appropriate throughout.

One of your better mixes, nice job.

YES