Steam Deals. Updates in first post. Braid for $5, get it while it's hot (this weekend only)

duckyboycantfly

HEY ITS COOL AND ALL THAT YOU GUYS LIKE STEAM AND SHIT BUT THIS ISNT THE STEAM THREAD. Then again I guess it could be, but that just seems stupid. I guess I can keep this updated with their great deals, but anyone with steam will probably get them before I do and yeah.

WHATEVER

SEE DARKESWORD I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DOUBLE POST BUT THEN I REMEMBERED BE HAPPY!!!

Anyways, this thread is now about steam and other crap I guess. Pretty much the opposite of what I just said. But I thought it was a decent enough idea and so yeah, implementing.

Anyways there's some ocr group there maybe join that. I probably won't want to be friends with you so don't ask my steam id. Think you're special and all.

I'm talking about EvE dumdum.

eve online more like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

also i know it's the remake, i just wasn't sure on the price.

dumb dumbs.

Trine is on sale but if you got the indie pack you're set, just play blueberry garden and then braid and then pretend that you were just playing them together and tada trine.

Seriously I've become so jaded from the massive sale, that a pretty decent looking indie game (trine) looks way too overpriced at anything over $5 (it's ~$22 and some change, fyi)

Trine is really good. I don't get the hate.

i don't have any money, that's the hate. also i looked at the page for about 20 seconds them made that post. the graphics look pretty, and it looks more like a prince of persia type thing if i'm not mistaken.

also don't take this seriously. except where i'm berating you for not having steam. i'm being serious about that.

Everything Half Life is 66% off, or you can just go 'head and pick up the entire Valve pack for 10% less.

There are still a few people I know who haven't tried Half Life 2...I'mma see if I can get them to make the jump before this deal sets sail.

Just to clarify, it looks like the EVE deal is only for the Apocrypha expansion, not the entire game.

Great deal for an expansion, though. If I owned the game, I'd be all over that.

EvE "expansions" are really just updates, since they're free and you can't get them by themselves -- they come with the game, and the game comes with them. So yeah, knock yourselves out guys. It should run fine on any computer less than 5 years old, though you may have to turn off HDR/bloom and junk.

Then, whoa guys, I'm totally buying EVE today. Groovy.

Yep, $5 for 21 day trial + 30 days including activation of trial accounts is a steal. (considering upgrading trial accounts to paid ones via CCP's website is $15 for first month + an additional $5 once off activation fee).

It was so much so that I bought it again on Steam when I already had an account. I think I'll just save it for an alt sometime in the future...

Just make sure you make yourself a 21 day trial first, because I think once you upgrade EVE Online Trial > EVE Online (on Steam), you lose the option to make the trial 21 day trial account, which is silly.

Although, 21-day trials are easy enough to come by anyway, you could either ask anyone for a 21day buddy trial, or, you could simply just make a dud Steam account, download the EVE Trial on that, and then create a trial that way. Simple.

And after 21 days you'll realize just how boring eve online is.

I mean seriously it has some cool concepts that have probably been upgraded since I last played, but here's how I felt about it.

Know in mass effect when you could pick which planet you wanted to go to. Eve is kind of like that. Actually it's only that. Take away everything else, and add in some pretty cool space fights (where you really don't know what your doing, just clicking a lot and hoping you win), the ability to upgrade your ship, and getting assfucked if you take a step out anywhere, and that's eve.

Oh yeah, and mining. Know when you could look at a planet you couldn't land on in ME, and then you got come cool stuff from it. That's in eve too, only instead of instant gratification, you get to watch as your ship mine the minerals and a progress bar telling you when you have gotten 1 out of 5 minerals needed, in real time too!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz