OC ReMixes appropriate for a semi-formal dance?

Lovely Peach

I'm on the music committee for a semi-formal dance to be held at an anime convention in about a month - all the music we're using is based out of anime or video games, but is ballroom appropriate (waltzes, slow dances, tango, swing dance, etc). I've found some excellent material here on OCR (for example, the Grand Valse Super Mario World mix by Bladiator, the Animal Crossing "Traveling" mix by Kaijin, etc) but I'm sure there is a lot out there that I've overlooked.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a remix I should look at? ^^

Thank you. ^^

Here are the OC Remixes we've decided on so far. We have other anime and game music aside from this, but I'm just going to post what I've collected from this site (it's fairly obvious what my favorite games are, huh?)

Super Mario RPG - Bukki's Tango

Animal Crossing - Traveling

Chrono Trigger - 600 AD in Piano

Zelda 3 - Into the Golden Sunset

Super Mario Bros. 2 - SuperBuckJazz

Super Mario World - Grand Valse

Chrono Trigger - Wind Scene Concert Paraphrase

Super Mario Bros. - The Italian Plumber

Valse Aeris, The Rose General (possibly....not sure there on the beats) If you are looking to fire up the tempo you bLiNd's JENOVA Celestial (J-E-N-O-V-A) works i think.

Zeratul's Millennial Fair 2001 mix from CT is another pop based.

Spekkosaurus' Trial in Concert is probably worth looking at.

Protricity's DKC 2 Savage Seduction

Droping a bit into Rave but still dance music FFmusic Dj did a nice Mix concerning Celes' theme simply put Celes(dance)

Star Salzman: LetUsDanceInTheDarkOfThePhantomPhorest (that's the exact file name)

po! did a nice one based on Costa Del Sol for FF7

The Rose General I didn't really recommend because i am not sure how it plays Rose of April however while short is a pretty good piece for what you are looking for.

Nines did a pretty good one Called Crystal Rave (FF theme)

bLiNd also did White Skies.

Disco Dan did a nice mix that would probably work. Metalman goes Clubbing

That's all for now.

Thank you so much for the suggestions!

We are staying away from rave-type music and from anything too heavy, but I will definitely go through this list and listen to everything once I get home from work. I really appreciate you taking the time to suggest some songs for me.

EDIT: Really liking Valse Aeris, I just listened to a bit of it and it's very pretty.

+1 Valse Aeris suggestion.

Was gonna suggest the following set of tracks, but then realized they might not fit the style you're going for. But since I already went over the playlist, here's a my short list of more disco-ish tracks in case you or anyone else wants them:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night The Devil Inside (Italo Disco Mix) OC ReMix

Goemon's Great Adventure Kabuki Frogs OC ReMix

Gran Turismo 3 A-spec Cruise Control OC ReMix

Ragnarök Online Samurai Discotheque OC ReMix

Desert Nights (Desert Flower) - Summoning of Spirits

Walk on Water - Project Chaos

The Adventures of Bayou Billy El Lagarto OC ReMix

Sonic the Hedgehog Marble Dash OC ReMix

Fading Entity (Listen to the Cries of the Planet)

Sonic CD Saturday Night Speedway OC ReMix

I'm going through some of the songs now, and there's quite a bit but in varied styles. Was there any games you wanted to stick around, or specific dancing styles (eg. for swing, is it west coast, east coast, triple step etc.?) I'll trim down my findings based on any elaborations for specifics. Now I'm going to have to add all this to my dance practicing playlist again!

I'm going through some of the songs now, and there's quite a bit but in varied styles. Was there any games you wanted to stick around, or specific dancing styles (eg. for swing, is it west coast, east coast, triple step etc.?) I'll trim down my findings based on any elaborations for specifics. Now I'm going to have to add all this to my dance practicing playlist again!

We currently only have a handful of swing songs right now (6 to be exact) and I don't know that many of us know enough about the dance style to identify specific styles. As for games, we've added lots of songs from sources that we think people will recognize, or just stuff that we like (and know the audience will like). ^^

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, they're extremely helpful. I'll let you know what we decide to use once I meet with the rest of the committee.

Well, the event is at the beginning of September (Friday night of AnimeFest in Dallas, TX). If possible, I'd like to have the songs all figured out by next Monday.

I haven't listened to everything in this thread yet, but we're definitely going to use the following:

Tattered Slippers

Dr. Wily's Wedding

Shinra Shuffle

Afternoon Tea with Snappleman's Mom

Thank you so much to everyone who suggested songs for me! There are some amazing gems on this site that I have never listened to before. ^^