ROUND 1 LOSERS BRACKETS

Bleck v zircon -> zircon

Shael Riley v Dyne

Bahamut v BardicKnowledge ->

Flare4War v Jakesnke17 -> Flare4War

ROUND 2 LOSERS BRACKETS

Flare4War v zircon

--

I'd rather not have to do a seed but unfortunately, we have an odd number of people.

As for the PS3 tournament, unless we get more entries, its canceled :(

TIME/DATES

You can start your match at any time or date with your opponent. Remember, you must play with all default settings for a Player Match (speed 3, Remix mode, etc.) and the winner is determined by best 2 out of 3 MATCHES, each of which are determined by best 2 out of three ROUNDS. If any of this is confusing, just let me know.

Please post with the results of your match. Also, if you can, get some video!

--

Now that Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix has been out for awhile, I think it's high time we have an OCR member tournament! Here is my proposed rule set:

* Free to enter

* No prizes except bragging rights (unless we get donations or something)

* Xbox 360 and PS3

* No Akuma

* 3 rounds per match, best 2 out of 3 matches to win

* Double elimination

* Can switch characters in between matches

Nothing ultra-serious, but I think it would be a lot of fun. Who's in?

360 Tournament

Member - Gamertag

---

zircon - zirconst

Arek the Absolute - ArekTheAbsolute

djpretzel - djpretzel

Bleck - bleck930

Jakesnke17 - Jakesnke17

DusK - ItStartsAtDusK

Dyne - Dyne2057

Flare4War - Flare4War

BardicKnowledge - MasterTenor

Bahamut - ilovepsi

newt| - Fafnir7C3

Shael Riley - Shael Riley

PS3

Member - PSN ID

---

Schwaltzvald - Schwaltzvald

linkspast - linksawakning

djpretzel - djpretzel

I was under the impression they made a USB controller that was compatible with both...might be imagining things again though.

Also, wasn't SSF2T HD specifically tweaked to make everyone balanced, including Akuma? Is he still broken or do people just not prefer to deal with him after being traumatized by his previous incarnations? :<

Also, wasn't SSF2T HD specifically tweaked to make everyone balanced, including Akuma? Is he still broken or do people just not prefer to deal with him after being traumatized by his previous incarnations? :<

It was tweaked, but there were unintended consequences that didn't come out in testing... essentially, Akuma can now combo directly off an air fireball in a way that's hella cheap...

I was under the impression they made a USB controller that was compatible with both...might be imagining things again though.

Sirlin did a good job balancing him, but there are still some issues that make him pretty much broken (ie. you can't hit him out of his super... at all.) So, he's banned in EVO.

I'm in -- my gamertag is MasterTenor.

It was tweaked, but there were unintended consequences that didn't come out in testing... essentially, Akuma can now combo directly off an air fireball in a way that's hella cheap...
Sirlin did a good job balancing him, but there are still some issues that make him pretty much broken (ie. you can't hit him out of his super... at all.) So, he's banned in EVO.

Unhittable super isn't a big deal -- it's the fact that blocked air fireball will let him hit you with it no matter what. :(

I had some brutal rounds vs. Akuma today as Fei. One guy I barely beat, 3-2 after he beat me 3-1. The second guy knew his combos and crossups left and right. Getting crossed up by Akuma is insane because of all the mixup stuff he can do. He was also comboing into the super at close range which I think is just total BS. Lost two sets vs. that guys, total score was like 6-1 :(

It seems like a lot of people on XBLA now are really good. I VERY rarely face someone who doesn't seem to have a very good grasp of the game, unlike SFIV where at least half the people at the level I'm playing just throw out moves with no strategy. The best person I've faced yet was a Dee Jay who I could barely HIT, let alone win against. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Evo.