Ever hear an OC ReMix in "real life"?

Mr Azar

GameStops will sometimes play them depending on which store you go to. The corporation doesn't condone it, but employees will occasionally mute the loud audio on the monitors and replace it with OC Remixes or other video game music. Personally, I would prefer some OC Remix playing quietly in the background while I shop in a GameStop to the loud noise coming from the commercials playing on the TVs.

The Ken stage music sounded stragely like Sixto's remix from Blood on the Asphalt. It was really weird. Someone at Capcom must've really ran out of ideas and just started stealing remixer's works.

(which by the way, might be the actual case with Sigma Stage 2 in Maverick Hunter X, sounding pretty similar to housethegrate's version.)

I always play 31 Seconds really loud, I wear my OCR T-Shirt whenever I travel in hope that I will actually meet someone who knows more about it than I do (when I say meet, I mean in person). I do my best though to spread the word of the awesomeness of OverClocked ReMix using my blog (http://www.reoganworks.blogspot.com/) and by just generally playing music really loud. I try, but I've yet to hear anything regarding OCR in "real" life.

OutSpoken what is that mind boggling illusion that is your signature?

Makes me dizzy. :/ :<

On a side note, I happen to know personally that a famous author listens to OCRemix while he writes and recommends OCRemix to anyone that asks. How cool is that!

Bah, you can't leave it like that. :lol:

Also, what's this strange "OCRemix" some of you keep mentioning? I've heard of "OC ReMix". There's no such thing as "OCRemix".

OH I FORGOT!

Once I was at the gym at JHU, and when I walked into the weight room the speakers were playing snappleman and braincell's scrambled eggman. afterwards it went to snap's malicious fingers, and then jivemaster's raaw battery remix. I was trying to find out who's cd it was, but I never did :(

Most of the other ones mentioned here are just like "oh hey, my friend knows about OCR and played them for me", but this one is the kind of one that's a lot more interesting to me. Just hearing a remix out in the open and unexpectedly (as if it were any other song) would be really surprising. Haven't had it happen yet.

Weird story but years ago a friend of mine was in Gamestop (she knew the employees there). One of the employees' phone rang and his ringtone was my Ice Capped mix from years ago. My friend wasn't into my music enough to know the names or anything, but she had heard the song and told the Gamestop employee 'I think my friend made that song". Sure enough, next time I visited the store the employee opened up his phone, played the ringtone/mp3 and asked "this sound familiar?" A little creepy, but kinda cool.

Small world...

I am reminded of this post in the comments thread of mv's "Foray into Eastern Horizons"

Wow...just wow... You know a song of this calibur has reached said calibur when it is played at a chinese resturant. I kid you not. I was eating my general tso's when I heard the very familiar theme to Wu Tai...chopsticks fell. Mouth agape, I realized what it was and came to the conclusion that i must have it. I talked to the manager and said his son got it off of here. I mean, how is that not awesome?