OCR01891 - Reset Generation "Kid Malicious"

djpretzel

Right off the bat, the cross-panned+reverbed beat/melody is infectious and lively. And the freestyle lead seems to reach the horizon and beyond, flying without a care in the world. No way I can be negative when these elements keep me busy swaying and hopping in my seat.

Static creeps into the lonely sound field and gets clearer and crunchier, turning into 8-bit drums and finally claps for the rave-like burst at 1:12. They reappear as a lead-in to 2:51, and at that point the party is in full throttle.

After the chips, dip, and soda have all been consumed, things settle down the smoothest with a light whistle and some pads. It feels like I'm watching clouds pass by and the day come to an end.

Also, I love how 2:24 sounds like Misa Amane as a pop singer. Cute.

• 2 weeks later...

When I read djp's write-up, I was a little thrown off when he talked about "modern classics" as that seemed a bit over-the-top.

But damn, he was right. This remix is incredible. I dunno whether it was Rayza's intention, but he managed to nail the 90's sound to a T. And that's what I thought before the vocal sample, which cranked the awesomeness to 11, came in at 2:25.

Best OCR remix in quite a while? I do think so.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE this mix! I'm crazy about 90s music, and this definitely has that vibe working for it. It is a winner for sure.

I really liked the vocals near the end. I'm not sure what she's saying, but it sounds so good! Excellent from beginning to end! :grin:

• 2 months later...

This is AWESOME, the chopped female vocals are what draw me to this track. That part was expertly implemented and just sounds plain awesome. Aside from that, the song is breezy, creative, and just makes you want to get up and dance!

One of the most fun tracks to hit the front page this year, you can't beat this kind of goodness! :-D

• 10 months later...

Loving the holy hell out of this one.

Rayza did it again with this perfect exercise on 90s dance indulgence. In my opinion, this homage actually eclipses any dance track produced in the 90s (which admittedly, I've never been a fan of).

I really love how this track develops, and continues to evolve in interesting ways. Rather than just sticking with pure rhythm, there's a lot of melody that begins to be incorporated and the combination is just awesome. The work done with the vocal samples was especially impressive and that solo is truly a classic, showstopper.

This is the bees knees, as far as I'm concerned. One of Rayza's best, which is saying quite a lot.

• 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01891 - Reset Generation "Kid Malicious"