Zelda: LATIN INSPIRED GERUDO VALLEY by Sweendrix

Sweendrix

Sweeney, you're missing the point. You're not being asked to never use a "repeating musical idea", you're being asked to step up and bring at least your B-game to the submissions, not leave the drums on a loop. A few fills and a softer loops for variation is probabnly all you need.

Larry said "this is honestly kind of lazy and you're better than that", and I have to agree. To be frank, you're now being a whiner. You don't like the standards, you don't have to sub. You don't wanna change your arrangement, that's up to you.

I believe I said this before, if not here then on another thread:

Don't compare OCR standards to mainstream/ or what's already out there.

EDIT: I did say that here and you completely ignored it.

Just because the over world theme uses repetitive drums, doesn't mean it's OCR material, does it?

And people that tell you they love it aren't caring to critique it because they just wanna listen to it. It takes a lot of reasoning and experience to critique the way a judge does.

I'm not gonna call you a whiner... but...

You know that's exactly what you're doing though. You're whining about how your song got all of this glory and you think it's stupid how it doesn't meet standards. Maybe you should just take judge's advice. You know, that might make it better?

Just cuz it's good doesn't mean it can't be better.

In mainstream music you can get away with having a drum loop on repeat, notably in rap music and different variety of electronica music. Most of the people don't really care nowadays. That said, OCR demands a bit more out of a remixer.I learned that the hard way and I am still learning. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it forces you to get more creative and become better at your craft.

Anyways, I pretty much agree with a lot of people on here about the drums. There isn't enough variation of drum patterns for a song like this. If there was some music that inspired you to take the song in this direction then listen carefully to the drum patterns to give you some ideas.