OCR01125 - *YES* Astérix 'Niggaz 4 Life'

djpretzel

Ok, I remember liking this a lot. I think my main complaint here is some of the panning is a little odd. Sometimes one side is totally dominant and the other is oddly empty. On headphones it sounds a bit odd.

But at the end of the day, this is so creative and a very good collaboration. On a technical level, rap is so hard to fit within the guidelines of OC arrangement standards. There's no denying the kind of work that was put into this. Very good lyrics and performance. Not my favorite work of either mixer, but that's a personal matter.

Very fun mix, that a lot of people will enjoy. Great job both of you.

Edit: I still can't stop listening to this.

YES

This is here because of some concern that there may be similar issues to the rejected Herzog Zwei mix, which I don't agree with. This Asterix mix bears clear resemblance to a substantial original and can count as a rearrangement, while the Herzog Zwei music was indistinguishable and its mix could have been a "rearrangement" of anything.

Although some of the enunciation is a little iffy, the flow is tight, the production is good, and the arrangement is there. YES