VG Opinion Poll #15 - What's your interface?

glasfen

Monday, Monday...

VG Opinion Poll #15!

Games are everywhere and have been for a long time. They come standard on just about any electronic device (even calculators). Are we that bored? No, that's not the question, but it may speak to our need for ubiquitous entertainment. My question, and I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner, is this:

What do you use most often for gaming?

a. console

b. computer

c. handheld

(arcade machines don't count, mostly because they are not common in homes... though they should be!)

Vote and be heard! Results soon, followed by a more intellectual poll, I promise.

A. Console

While I love how much sexier games look on PC with the right video card and all that, there just always seems to be a problem with certain games. Constant crashes, glitchy audio, random freezing, and these are usually problems countless other people encounter with the same games. Consoles just seem much more reliable to me. Never had a single problem with me 360 or PS3.

b. computer

it does it all. It's a tool, not a console, so the occasional crash, glitch, or OS re-installation are expected and normal.

The tradeoff between consoles and computers (i read this in a thread recently) is: Consoles are stable, Computers are customizable and tweakable.

Have you ever seen how unstable a modded or hacked console can be at times?

A- Consoles

I've never had a computer that was capable of playing games except for a brief stint I played Descent II on my PowerPC. Consoles have always been an affordable solution that requires little effort on my part (in the way of system specs and upgrades). I play emulators on my computer, but a majority of my gaming is consoles.

A. Console

While I love how much sexier games look on PC with the right video card and all that, there just always seems to be a problem with certain games. Constant crashes, glitchy audio, random freezing, and these are usually problems countless other people encounter with the same games. Consoles just seem much more reliable to me.

Very good point. I'd like to run Oblivion full out but it would kill my comp.

A. Console

I used to play Sims on my old computer, but I don't think that making Sims and then sticking them in a pool and taking the ladders out really counts as gaming.

Sim abuse! Beta-testing didn't catch that, did they? I love that kind of hilarious mischief. Nice.