Palpable/diotrans debut EP release: Flickerfall - Delayed Reaction

Palpable

Hey everybody! My band Flickerfall is proud to announce the release of our first EP, Delayed Reaction! The album has six original tracks that blend electronic beats with pop/rock vocals, guitars, and piano. You can preview the tracks on our website, http://flickerfall.com, and sgx's Protagonist Records is featuring one of the tracks from the album as a free download. The other half of Flickerfall is Amy Hsieh, who you might have seen performing during the OverClocked ReMix panels for Otakon 2009 and 2008, SITACon 2008, and AnimeUSA 2007, or posting on the OCR forums as diotrans. She handles vocals, guitars, and keyboards for our band, while I provide the electronic backdrops, the likes of which you may have heard on this very site. :) Flickerfall also has a track on the upcoming DKC2 project.

We're selling CDs on our website for $6 + shipping, and digital downloads on Protagonist Records for $5. If you like the album, please use this thread to let us know - we'd love to hear your feedback! Or become a fan of our band on Facebook, which will have info about upcoming shows and releases.

delayed-reaction-cover.jpg

CD purchases: http://flickerfall.com/index.php?page=store

MP3/FLAC purchases: http://protagonistrecords.net/delayedreaction

Our website: http://flickerfall.com

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flickerfall/14966722683

So I was paying attention to the lyrics as I listened through the album a few times - was this meant to be some playful encounter between a guy & girl that didn't work out and it's eating away at the girl?

Hmm, which song? ^_^

Actually all the lyrics are on our website on the lyrics page.

But yeah, not all of the songs are super happy sunshine and rainbows, we do have some relationship-angsty songs ^_^; And the lyrics are at least somewhat based on my personal experiences, so I guess you can make of that what you will.

It definitely pulls at your heartstrings some though - great job!

Thanks! Is it mean/weird of me to say that I'm happy the music we made has an impact on others, even if the feeling is not exactly a happy one? ^_^;

Thanks! Is it mean/weird of me to say that I'm happy the music we made has an impact on others, even if the feeling is not exactly a happy one? ^_^;

Naw, lol. It's the job of an artist to evoke some sort of emotion from their audience.

I might pick up a copy too, btw, if I can get around to getting off my lazy ass.

Damn, and I thought I was all special when you sang for my little track :puppyeyes:.

Aww, you are still special, your track is the only time I ever sang in Latin! :razz:

Thank you everyone for all your support and kind words, it really means a lot to us. Also, if you like our stuff please fan our page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flickerfall/14966722683 We need just 22 more fans to get our username!! Thank you! <3

The words jumped around: Palpable/diotrans EP Reaction: Flickerfall - Debut Delayed

Looks... Sounds good. $5 should be doable, and undoubtedly money well spent. hm... should I request a full-out disco remix of Metro Underground? :D

btw, careful about the pictures you use for site and coming releases, the one you're using the most right now doesn't look that good to me. Flat lighting, and too much of it. (sorry, photography class reflex)

I'm just getting around to listening to it today, but I got it earlier in the week. Thanks for the fast delivery!

Nice work. Love the voice, of course. I'm gonna go ahead and say that, for now at least, "metro underground" is my favorite track. I've been trying to write stuff in this style lately (lyrically and musically) so it definitely caught my attention as a simple and slick example of what I'm looking to do. "This is the end" is pretty cool too. You can't help but smile when you hear the 80's pop intro on track 3 :) I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics until the I heard the acoustic version though. Good stuffs for sure. How did you record your guitar on that last track, Amy? I can't tell whether its a dual mic setup that gives it that width and richness, or whether you doubled the guitar track.

Looking forward to future stuff you two!

I'm just getting around to listening to it today, but I got it earlier in the week. Thanks for the fast delivery!

Nice work. Love the voice, of course. I'm gonna go ahead and say that, for now at least, "metro underground" is my favorite track. I've been trying to write stuff in this style lately (lyrically and musically) so it definitely caught my attention as a simple and slick example of what I'm looking to do. "This is the end" is pretty cool too. You can't help but smile when you hear the 80's pop intro on track 3 :) I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics until the I heard the acoustic version though. Good stuffs for sure. How did you record your guitar on that last track, Amy? I can't tell whether its a dual mic setup that gives it that width and richness, or whether you doubled the guitar track.

Looking forward to future stuff you two!

Glad you liked it! We have an acoustic/electric guitar so on the last track we recorded the guitar and mixed it with the guitar output to get that sound.

We have an acoustic/electric guitar so on the last track we recorded the guitar and mixed it with the guitar output to get that sound.
Cool, that's my method these days too. I usually pan the signals 80L/80R and that gives me a lot of width and warmth. However, I think if I had a matched mic pair (or even two good mics) I'd probably just skip the line out. That characteristic piezo sound used to appeal to me, and it still sounds fine, but I've heard it way too much and I'm getting bored with it. Of course, another solution is to get one of the Taylor ES guitars with their fancy triple magnetic sensor pickup and skip the mics altogether...<droool>