OCR01893 - Mega Man 2 "Wily's Requiem"

djpretzel

Brilliance strikes OCR once again! Here's a random person with unimportant news:

"Just what I needed on my birthday! An epic rock ReMix that totally blows you out of the water!"

(Yes, I'm referring to myself.)

Great job, man. Awesome, awesome work. I look forward to when your album comes out. :-P

Great stuff. Nice tone and playing, man. Your take of Wily's track is unique since it doesn't follow the usual structure of other people who take on remixing it. The intro threw me off a bit along with that awesome slow part mid-track. The only ingredient that's missing in my opinion is a longer solo towards the end. No complaints though. I'll take what I can get.

Keep up the good work, Nekofrog. Give us remixes from the Mega Man X series (coughseeremixrequeststhreadcough).

BTW, Sixto had an awesome Wily track for Dwelling of Duels awhile back. Now, that should be submitted soon...makes a great track to accompany the recent two. :)

Sorry to hear about djp not having the time to make any mixes, it would be great to hear more from him.

This is pretty badass, if a little over-compressed, it's like the whole sound is crushed, making it difficult to listen to individual instruments, which is a shame. Guitar sound and performance is awesome. Snare sound gets a little repetitive after a while.

Arrangement-wise, this feels really liberal, it's easy to forget what it's a remix of. Not that it's an issue.

I agree with the previous poster, you should make a Mega Man X remix, as you're one of few people who could make a good one.

Good stuff, but I agree with those that said it's a little too crunchy. Definitely too compressed, and too difficult to really hear the melody amongst all the noise at times. It's still a great mix, though, and I love the liberties with the arrangement. Many just do a straightforward cover of the song, which is great, but I like seeing you mix it up a bit. Would adore a cleaner version, though!

So someone has already made Rock Band/Guitar Hero charts for this song :o

Drums

Guitars (rhythm and lead)

The drums are the most accurate, if you take into account the fact that it wasn't built around a double bass pedal (which is in the song).

Guitars are close, but there are missed triplets all over the place.

Not quite up to the amazing level of your original material, production-wise, but it's still a nice romp around an old theme. Your arrangements are always great, Neko :)

That'd probably be because this was recorded late 2008/early 2009, whilst my original stuff was much more recent.

Good stuff, but I agree with those that said it's a little too crunchy. Definitely too compressed, and too difficult to really hear the melody amongst all the noise at times. It's still a great mix, though, and I love the liberties with the arrangement. Many just do a straightforward cover of the song, which is great, but I like seeing you mix it up a bit. Would adore a cleaner version, though!

Weird that you say that about the compression, I really don't use much at all in my remixing (I lay down my tracks and rarely do anything to them). It might be the fact that there's so much sound in there (quad tracking rhythm, double tracked harmonizing leads, a loud drumset).

So that someone actually posted those links earlier in this thread!

And it's hard to chart guitars by ear when all those instruments are competing for attention at once.... If you've got seperate tracks I'd be more than happy to take them!

OH MY GOD I'M SEEINNG GHOSTS

Just as a warning I'm drunk right now just got home from the bar so whatever i post is not reflective of what i normally post but hey yeah i might have tracks for you individually in a month or so if you still want them also gj i didnt expect anyone to actually do anything like this let alone someonew ho awas here on the boards i think i messaged you on youtube or commented or something earlier today. this post will likely be edited properly when i am sober tomorrow

Why, thank you sir. I just hope the submissions I have that are in the queue are that favorable.

Wily's Requiem definitely represented a huge leap forward in my production abilities, but the one thing I would have changed would be panning some of the harmonized leads left or right instead of keeping it dead center with what it's harmonizing with. That's probably where things get harder to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh they make a certain group look very punctual in comparison to getting things uploaded/displayed.

Which is a shame considering how good the track is. heck I'd even go as far as say it's on par, if not better than this rendition of "Voyage of 1969". I do blame youtube for the poor quality. Nonetheless I personally feel it's that good, if not better, based off what I've heard; and this is currently the best version of "Voyage of 1969 in metal/prog form.

To be clear I'm saying based on performance within the genre of the music, not the sources as both songs {Voyage of 1969 & MM2 - Wily Castle Stage 1) are awesome.

I'm willing to bet Nekofrog can do a much better rendition of "Voyage of 1969" if he ever wanted to.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01893 - Mega Man 2 "Wily's Requiem"