Petara

after seeing the natives, I fear that the furries of the world could potentially ruin this one for me.

If this is the case I would have imagined they would have ruined Star Wars. Then again Lucas has already beaten them to the punch. :lol:

I fucking hate apple's mediaplayer so here's a youtube version for anyone else.

I would dare to say the natives are more farther away from the "furry" territory.

Then again I've heard others call cat-girls (like Felicia) and characters like Midna (a god damn imp) a furry... I suppose it depends how far you're willing to stray from humanoid form to bestial/alien/mythical form...

I feel let down. This has nothing to do with air bending...

I do feel a bit confused though, is this movie based off something well known? I watched the trailer but didn't see anything special about it.

It was a bitch finding it too consider how many joke trailers and videos related to "The Last Airbender" there are. :lol:

Nonetheless there's is nothing, that I know, that it tied to it except for perhaps plot that I've seen before. Other then that it's completely fresh so to speak...

If this is the case I would have imagined they would have ruined Star Wars. Then again Lucas has already beaten them to the punch. :lol:

I would dare to say the natives are more farther away from the "furry" territory.

Then again I've heard others call cat-girls (like Felicia) and characters like Midna (a god damn imp) a furry... I suppose it depends how far you're willing to stray from humanoid form to bestial/alien/mythical form...

Yep. I think you're right. But, I don't see why anyone would have the hots for Midna, even though she's awesome and is my favorite Nintendo character to come out in like ten years.

Anyway, I think that the characters from this trailer look very furry-like, and I'm positive that the freaks will create all kinds of hentai and fan fiction for it. I am certain.

Also, screw Quicktime. And iTunes.

Yep. I think you're right. But, I don't see why anyone would have the hots for Midna, even though she's awesome and is my favorite Nintendo character to come out in like ten years.

Anyway, I think that the characters from this trailer look very furry-like, and I'm positive that the freaks will create all kinds of hentai and fan fiction for it. I am certain.

Also, screw Quicktime. And iTunes.

I think some of it likely depends on which form you're talking about regarding Midna. One is rather different from the other from the images I saw looking her up just now.

As for the "furries", why do a few of you guys seem so panicky over it? How could anything someone draws or writes ruin this for you... seriously? I don't ask that to be a smartass, I'm just wondering. Of course, I'm still trying to figure out why anthro art is so hated, considering I've seen (non sploogy) stuff over the years that was really quite well done. The fur suits I get, as that's just downright odd. But general concept behind the artwork? That puzzles me... as does why both the fur suit wearers, and the anthro art makers, are called "furries"... and how drawing an anthro character equates to wanting to fuck animals.

Anyway, I don't wanna derail this. Regarding the trailer, it looks like it could be interesting. It's piqued by curiosity with what was shown, but trailers are meant to do that. I'll wait until I see more substantial info about the movie.

I'm sure it'd be an experience if the story is great and the 3D works wonderfully.

But yeah.. the blue, fantasy-furries... Honestly, I'd have no problems if they at least looked more realistic (I know, that'd be a paradox), but at least the eyes that aren't 100% larger than the usual anime-eyes..

This movie sounds awesome. At least, it better be, considering they spent $237m on producing it.

I didn't have any complaints about the 3D scenes in, for example, Harry Potter V. I thought they were amazing. If people are saying that these scenes are even more incredible, then there has to be something to it.

I honestly have been trying to keep myself in the dark on what this film is about (I like to be surprised at the movies, I restrict what trailers I watch since they show too much in them anymore), but after seeing the trailer listed at Youtube, I had to watch it.

I really like the way it looks. It's very interesting. Not too mention, how realistic the cg looks. Not necessarily the characters visually, but just how they feel real, kind of like Davey Jones in Pirates of The Caribbean 2, if you know what I mean.

I went to Chicago Comic Con and got to go to Michelle Rodriguez's Q & A panel, and COMPLETELY FORGOT she was in this movie, I would have asked her about it instead of being on LOST.

Yeah, the name thing has been throwing me off, too. I knew M. Night was directing Avatar (Airbender version), then I heard James Cameron was directing it and there was all of a sudden a great excitement for it. It was confusing until I saw the E3 conference and realized he was talking about something completely different from Airbending when he mentioned "vehicles."

If the E3 conference is to be believed, the video game for this movie is being developed concurrently with the movie itself so it won't suck like 99% of other movie-license games (Goldeneye manages to snag the 1%, as always).

Either there's a good marketing department at work or people are looking forward to Cameron doing something really awesome.

---

As for the Airbender version, M. Night Shyamalan is good when his talents are kept in check. There are areas where M. Night excels as a director (treating children as "young people," for example; Spielberg is the only one I recall doing a better job at this) and places where he sucks pretty hard (suspense is a biggie; he got lucky in Sixth Sense and Signs and has wrecked later movies with poorly-done moments of "tension" that are a little boring).

I think he could make a great kid's film, significantly better than what's coming out now. Since the Fire Nation is a very concrete "bad guy," the issues we've been seeing in other Shyamalan films will hopefully be less troublesome.

Yeah, the name thing has been throwing me off, too. I knew M. Night was directing Avatar (Airbender version), then I heard James Cameron was directing it and there was all of a sudden a great excitement for it. It was confusing until I saw the E3 conference and realized he was talking about something completely different from Airbending when he mentioned "vehicles."

If the E3 conference is to be believed, the video game for this movie is being developed concurrently with the movie itself so it won't suck like 99% of other movie-license games (Goldeneye manages to snag the 1%, as always).

Either there's a good marketing department at work or people are looking forward to Cameron doing something really awesome.

---

As for the Airbender version, M. Night Shyamalan is good when his talents are kept in check. There are areas where M. Night excels as a director (treating children as "young people," for example; Spielberg is the only one I recall doing a better job at this) and places where he sucks pretty hard (suspense is a biggie; he got lucky in Sixth Sense and Signs and has wrecked later movies with poorly-done moments of "tension" that are a little boring).

I think he could make a great kid's film, significantly better than what's coming out now. Since the Fire Nation is a very concrete "bad guy," the issues we've been seeing in other Shyamalan films will hopefully be less troublesome.

As far as to why the name thing has been confusing a lot of people is because of what happened. When the announcement was first made that The Last Airbender was going to be made into a full length movie, they were just going to name it Avatar. Well Cameron wanted to take them to court over the use of the name. So to kill the confusion, they renamed it to just "The Last Airbender".

• 3 months later...
Totally worth bumping this thread considering its out now.

I saw it today and was blown away, and that was only in 2D. Hopefully I'll be able to see it in 3D soon.

Just saw it in IMAX 3D. Worth it. Worth it so good. Sensory overload. This generation's Star Wars. Obliterates the uncanny valley. A visual smorgasboard. Etc, etc etc.

Go see it. Make sure it's IMAX 3D.