Relay for Life Cancer Drive - Looking for Musicians!

Josh Whelchel

Hey everyone!

My name is Josh Whelchel and last year I helped organize and sponsor the "Indie Music Cancer Drive" by producing an album with several talented musicians (including big giant circles and Mustin, as well as the composers for World of Goo, Aquaria, and Eternal Daughter). We managed to send over $5,000 to the American Cancer Society - and we're still sending money their way.

Anyway, we're extremely excited to get started for the 2010 year, and we're now accepting applications for musicians that would like to be involved.

There are a lot of reasons to be involved, including having your music available on iTunes, Amazon, and other retailers, but most of all it's a great cause.

If you're interested in checking out this year's album, you can do so here:

http://www.jwmusic.org/relayforlife.html

If you are interested in being a part of the album, please have a look here:

http://www.jwmusic.org/relayforlife-artists.html

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

- Josh Whelchel

Hey everyone!

My name is Josh Whelchel and last year I helped organize and sponsor the "Indie Music Cancer Drive" by producing an album with several talented musicians (including big giant circles and Mustin, as well as the composers for World of Goo, Aquaria, and Eternal Daughter). We managed to send over $5,000 to the American Cancer Society - and we're still sending money their way.

Anyway, we're extremely excited to get started for the 2010 year, and we're now accepting applications for musicians that would like to be involved.

There are a lot of reasons to be involved, including having your music available on iTunes, Amazon, and other retailers, but most of all it's a great cause.

If you're interested in checking out this year's album, you can do so here:

http://www.jwmusic.org/relayforlife.html

If you are interested in being a part of the album, please have a look here:

http://www.jwmusic.org/relayforlife-artists.html

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

- Josh Whelchel

Sounds great, man. I collected money for Relay before, and was planning on selling my CDs at the actual event to raise money but couldn't get them printed up in time for the event. The only way I'd be able to show an example of the kind of song I would want to do is to actually make the song now. So I don't know how that would work. ;D

I am the person to get in touch with directly - you can email me, or contact me via AIM (soundofjw).

If you'd like to simply donate music, you can do so by using your piece as the submission/application piece - but it must be exclusive.

You have until OCTOBER 15 to do all this.

Here are the steps summarized on this page

1) Prepare a short biography about yourself, including a brief statement on why this cause is important to you.

2) Prepare a full-length piece of music similar to the style you plan on contributing (This is important so we can gauge how much of any particular genre we may have). This MAY be a piece you have already put together - it is not important. We need to see that your production skills and recording quality are on par with what we’re looking for.

3) Prepare a high-resolution image of yourself (or your intended performing group). We will use this to assemble the pre-order page and also the extended about page for the album. Don’t worry, we’re not going to be selective on looks.

4) Optional, but recommended: Prepare or send an Electronic Press Kit to songsforthecure10@jwmusic.org. If you don’t have one available, please give us an estimate of how many fans or contacts you will be able to reach. The success of the drive is partially dependent on how many listeners can be attracted by each artist.

5) Send all of these materials to songsforthecure10@jwmusic.org before October 15th, 2009. We will notify selected artists shortly after this date.