OCR01124 - Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker "Pirates of Dragon Roost Isle"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

"He's remixin' aboot pirates. It's BAAAAD luck to be remixin' aboot pirates."

Even though Unknown will soon be gone (what with the pirate's curse and all), this piece of pirate gold will live on on OCR as tribute. The flute in the beginning tells you at once that this is a thrilling, pirate-filled musical voyage. The changeups and the crescendos and decrescendos rise and fall like the deep blue sea, and this mix has swashbuckler written all over it. Beautiful orchestral arrangement filled with adventure. A must have for any OCR fan.

P.S. Sorry about all the Pirates of the Carribean references....but I couldn'd resist, mate. ;P

• 2 months later...

Wow this was made in FL?! That's 'effin amazing then! Unknown always impresses me. I love WindWaker music and this song only makes me appreciate it more! There's one sound in the begging of the song that sounds like some trance sound effect but that's cool. Awesome job on this Unknown!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hm, this was a mix that made me think hard about what if this had actually happened in the game. It sounded exactly like what you would hear for an in-game cetimatic about a war between the dark forces of Ganon, versus the resistance on Dragon Roost Island. The whole thing is practically a battle scene cut into different parts. I could easily hear the main melody throughout the mix, and gave a sort of feeling between a fought battle and a fled battle.

Final Grade: 8.5 out of 10

• 2 months later...

The way this is composed brings just one word to my mind: Epic. It is like sailing over the vast sea, scaling the great windswept Dragon Roost Mountain, and, as stated before, a prelude to a great siege. I could see this song playing as warriors dig into the ground of the island, prepared for the onslaught of darkness that had overcome Hyrule - no matter how terrible the odds or how dark the day. Yes...the forces of darkness approaching across the sea, prepared to claim the island and it's power...truly magnificent.

You've done outstanding work here; I thank you for all your hard work and encourage you to continue on in such a wonderful fashion.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please call the New York Philharmonic?! Somehow, you get a perfect picture any sight you can imagine at the sea, whether it be a valiant royal fleet or the uber-cute cel-shaded Link all alone in the blue. All sections of the orchestra fit together perfectly, it's amazing! Just like the symphonies of the classical greats!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I never commented on this mix? Strange.

This mix sits in an interesting area. The arrangement itself is fine, but it does seem to shed a little of the grandiose sound that the original has. It does have some of its own charm to it, but not as much as the great grand feel that the original has. It is a good example of a reinterpretation though, and I'm glad that this mix is around. The song does sound a little on the thin side though - I do wish there was some more instrumentation to it.

• 1 year later...

Before I even bought "The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker", I've listened to this song. It's an awesome remix. In fact one of my favorites. I love the grand feeling to the song as well as how it sounds using the orchestra feeling. I could easily see this as being on the open seas, preparing for adventure. Wonderful work.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01124 - Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker "Pirates of Dragon Roost Isle"