OCR01896 - Chrono Trigger "B.A.M.F. (Radio Edit)"

djpretzel

I guess a new job will do this to you, but I had meant to put my 2 cents in about this a while back. This is probably the first Magus remix that I can say has really done something for me. It's true to the original, with enough of a change in style to keep it interesting, and very smooth, one of those oneups trademarks that I love.

Since I have the CHRONOTORIOUS album, i downloaded this "Radio Edit" version out of curiosity to see what the differences were. If for some reason you haven't checked out the album yet and consider yourself a CT music fan, you're definitely missing out (and I don't just mean on the original version of this track, it's an awesome album).

As for the comparisons, I really like the piano intro in the album version that at first, sounds very little like the Magus theme. It really sets the stage quite nicely for the "secondary intro" that brings the Magus theme to the forefront which is where this particular version begins.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, on the album version the solo piano threw me off a bit just because it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual track - I had the same problem with Dhsu's collab with Sixto, the piano was really misleading and, although it sounded great on its own, didn't seem to fit in well with the track. The radio edit feels a lot more natural by showcasing parts of the song where the piano and Mustin's instruments mix more seamlessly. The outro where the piano was again featured felt a LOT more appropriate for the song :-)

Other than that, great choice in synths, the bass especially is really insane. Also, I don't hide the fact that I'm a sucker for electric pianos so that aspect of the mix really stood out for me, too!

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01896 - Chrono Trigger "B.A.M.F. (Radio Edit)"