Final Fantasy X

Nekofrog

I didn't really care for X myself, the overall story was just uninteresting to me. I've been meaning to play through X-2 some friends told me they liked it better than X, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I did like the battle system, and thought the sphere grid was a nice change from the other games though.

I can barely remember anything from this game. Which must mean I didn't find it terrible or good. Wait, no, I remember that horrible laughing scene now. I'm not going to rate it though unless I play it again some time. I guess I should replay VIII at some point to figure out why I didn't like it at all. I'm guessing it was due to the characters though.

8 is not so bad if you dont mind spending hours drawing tons of magic to stock up on and never use because you have it junctioned.

I'd say that each FF has its strengths and weaknesses - some do better on plot, some do better on music, some do better on battle/magic systems, etc. Personally, I feel that 4 < 5 < 6, and 7 is good if you can get over the graphics - 8 definitely aged better than 7, without a doubt. Supposedly there's some fan patch/mod thing that lets you replace the 'world' sprites with 'battle' sprites for 7, so I suppose that would make it playable in this day and age.

As for all the other FF games, I've played the first few hours of 10 and 12, plus some other random bits in 10. 9 has slipped by me for whatever reason.

You people. FF8 is only the second worst(which can be seen as an incredible feat to many). FF2j is the king, an abomination that holds the title of being the only Final Fantasy I plan to never play again. *Shudder*

Of course I'm a disgusting wretch that somewhat enjoys all of them. Yeah, even 10. I know, I know...

P.S. FF6 = teh bestest, natch.

Guys, if you want to get through 8 very fast with no leveling up at all, this is what you have to do. First, make sure you know which bosses have GF that you can draw. Make sure all of your characters have the ability to junction magic to their HP and Strength. Use Siren's Life magic refine ability to refine 10 curagas from one tent and junction it to your health. Then refine diablo's card using Quetzcotal(SP)'s ability to turn it into 100 black holes which are great for refining into demi spells. (One black hole refines into 30 demi spells) Now junction Demi to your strength and you will do about 6x the damage that you should be doing at that point in the game. Next, equip diablo's "Enc-none" abiliity so you never get into random encounters. Since the enemies level up as you do, you can very easily beat the game at a low level, expecially if you know how to use the junction system like I do. I'm thinking about using this stragety to beat the game again in a little while. Though my psp come's in the mail today so I don't know when I'll do it.

I actually started trying to listen to FF music yesterday because of this thread and got into this... Oh the wonderful memories based around this wonderful song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_pJ0UsmZXM

The absolute best part of FF8. And really the only reason I'm not too keen on FF8 is because it brings out my inner OCD with that goddamn junctioning system. Spending half an hour fighting a goddamn bat in the beginning of the game so that I can junction 100 fires to my health and 100 thunders to strength is not fun, but it sure is the videogame equivalent to crack cocaine. Everything, including the art and world are pretty great otherwise though.

And the best part of FFX?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2UjfueRo7g

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlCUIK1rOoA&feature=related

and

so FFX is roughly 3 times as good as 8.

This was the best part of Final Fantasy X:

I have a save file right before this scene so I can watch it again and again.

Favorite quotes from it:

Wakka: "But if we atone for our crimes, Sin will stop coming back, ya? Someday it'll be gone, ya?"

Yunalesca: "Will humanity ever obtain such purity?"

Auron: "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"

I'm sorry, but I think Tidus is the shit for sticking up for his woman.